PDA

View Full Version : Hotfolder Prints v1.2.3 released

Chris Breeze
September 27th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Hotfolder Prints v1.2.3 is now available for download from:
http://www.breezesys.com/Hotfolder/index.htm

This release adds the ability to log users' email addresses to a CSV file and fixes problems emailing images when the image pathname contains spaces or the number of retries is set to 'none'.

jfreeman1412
October 1st, 2011, 05:16 AM
Thanks for that Chris, that was irritating having to put those quotations every time you changed something in the email settings. I know someone asked about it and I might be lazy but is it possible to have the date on the folder it watches change automatically for 'todays' date?

Chris Breeze
October 3rd, 2011, 02:43 PM
I know someone asked about it and I might be lazy but is it possible to have the date on the folder it watches change automatically for 'todays' date?

This was added in Hotfolder Prints v1.2.2. You can use the date based tokens to specify the folder to be monitored e.g. C:\Photobooth\%Y-%m-%D

stillmation
October 4th, 2011, 03:27 PM
Just a thought.
This software works regardless of how many devices are connected? It essentially looks to one folder and carries out actions on whatever drops into that folder?

I'm trying to develops some new hardware stuff that will have multi input devices that all need printing. It would be good to do that from one central computer and printer.

jfreeman1412
October 22nd, 2011, 08:47 PM
This was added in Hotfolder Prints v1.2.2. You can use the date based tokens to specify the folder to be monitored e.g. C:\Photobooth\%Y-%m-%D

Hey I tried this and was unable to get it to create the files or run the Email.exe. It monitored the folder but that was it. I put in the file manually and it worked again.

jfreeman1412
October 25th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Chirs
Have you had a chance to test this on your side at all? Or does anyone else have this working? Maybe I am missing something? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

Chris Breeze
October 26th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I've just retested it using Hotfolder Prints v1.2.3 and it appears to be working - the folder being monitored switches when the date changes, new files are detected OK and the output is emailed. HFP checks the folder every minute and updates the path if it contains date tokens. If the folder being monitored doesn't exist you'll get a "Folder not found" message every minute. When the date changes you should get a "New folder to monitor" message.

jfreeman1412
October 26th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Weird......the program monitors the folder and you see the files in hfp screen. But it does not create an output or email it. It just shows the files that get added to the folders.

jphoto
November 1st, 2011, 10:13 AM
I am also having trouble getting the hotprints to email the the email that is entered into the keyboard.

It works fine when in the "to" field i put an email address. It dosen't when i put the {user_data} token and input the address in the touchscreen keyboard.

I tried doing what they said on the forum….putting a 3 sec delay in hotfolder and also putting the keyboard in the front of the sequence.

Chris Breeze
November 1st, 2011, 10:31 AM
If the touchscreen keyboard is displayed at the end of the shooting sequence you need to increase the delay before processing images in Hotfolder Prints otherwise it may process the images before the user has finished entering their email address. This shouldn't be a problem if the touchscreen keyboard is displayed at the start of the shooting sequence. If you're still having problems please check that the XML file written by the photobooth software contains the user's email address. Hotfolder Prints should also display an error message if there is a problem reading the XML file.

jphoto
November 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks Chris,

I did both... I put the delay at the end of the sequence and tried the keyboard there.
I also put the keyboard in the front of the sequence and tried it.

The email address that was inputed into the keyboard shows up in the xml data for the file. So I am assuming that the keyboard is collecting the info.

Below is the Log for the last time I tried.

The Log for hotfolder says....

-***ERROR*XML file not found: C:\DslrRemote\2011-10\IMG_0261.xml
-Layout saved as: C\DslrRemote\2011-10\prints\HFP_20111101_064701.jpg
-{user_data} empty: not running command on saved layout

(Just to make sure....I am putting {user_data} in the To field in the Hotfolder email)

jfreeman1412
November 1st, 2011, 06:03 PM
-***ERROR*XML file not found: C:\DslrRemote\2011-10\IMG_0261.xml
-Layout saved as: C\DslrRemote\2011-10\prints\HFP_20111101_064701.jpg

The Program is not finding your XML files. We have our delay set on 45 seconds I think. But make sure your Processing screen has a minimum or when someone hits no thanks and the next sequence is started it will screw HFP up. Try reseting the HFP log, and put your delay to 45seconds and watch the HFP log after you enter the address.

Is your computer super slow when it comes to processing and printing the images? In short the DSLR program needs to be done creating the print which sends the XML file to where you have the pictures set to save(which in this case should be
C:\DslrRemote\2011-10. This has to be done before HFP's is set to create the layout and run email.exe. Hope that helps. Also make sure the your .xml file is the same number as your first picture in the sequence. (I am pretty sure it it the first picture)

stillmation
November 1st, 2011, 06:59 PM
Just a thought.
This software works regardless of how many devices are connected? It essentially looks to one folder and carries out actions on whatever drops into that folder?

I'm trying to develops some new hardware stuff that will have multi input devices that all need printing. It would be good to do that from one central computer and printer.

Could either Chris or anyone tell me if this could work? I want to connect a readable device to the PC and print as the photos are made. Can the software detect and process the images from a remote location or does it all have to be local?
I'd try it myself but the trial expired and if this works it'd be my main reason to purchase.

Thanks.

jphoto
November 2nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
It seems as if hotfolder is looking for the wrong xml file….in my folder that has the prints and xml files the last xml that was there is IMG_0270 (the error message says it is looking for IMG_0269.xml)

In my folder the last set of images and xml file is (IMG_0270, IMG_270, IMG_0271, IMG_0272, IMG_0273) The 2nd IMG_270 is the xml file.

-***ERROR*XML file not found: C:\DslrRemote\2011-10\IMG_0269.xml
-Layout saved as: C\DslrRemote\2011-10\prints\HFP_20111102_061521.jpg

Is this my problem and if so how do I fix it?

jphoto
November 2nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
I reset hotfolder and it fixed the problem. Thank you Jfreeman!

jfreeman1412
November 2nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
No Problem.....That will happen when HFP's trys processing your photos before dslr has finished(or before the keyboard is done) That is why we set our delay in hfps to 45sec. Glad I could help. Cheers

Lovid
July 27th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Is there a way to make the following work:

- dslr remote takes 4 greenscreen pictures and saves the layout in the prints subfolder, and saves the xml file containing user mailadress in the 2012-07-23 folder

- hot folder prints watches the prints folder, but can not email the final layout out of dslr remote, to the user, because it only sees the greenkey photos in this directory

I' ve tried both ways, dslr remote making the layout, or hotfolder making the layout.

Problem with hotfolder making the layout is that it only sees the "green" greenscreen photos, and so only can send an layout to the user containing green pictures without background.

Is there any trick for this? I'm having a 4 day shoot next week...

Chris Breeze
July 29th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Hotfolder Prints looks for the XML file in the folder it is monitoring first. If it can't find the XML file it looks for it in the parent folder and so it should find the XML (in the parent folder) when monitoring the prints subfolder. Please make sure the time before processing images in Hotfolder Prints is long enough to allow time for people to enter their email address.