PDA

View Full Version : Image Editor not controlled be Profiles?

jfreeman1412
October 12th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Hey I have noticed that the Image editor applies to all of the profiles and not only certain ones. Is there a reason or fix for this? I really need it to do different things for different profiles. Thanks in advance.

Chris Breeze
October 12th, 2011, 10:43 AM
The image editor option isn't really intended for photo booth use and so the settings aren't saved with the photo booth profiles. There's nothing to stop you using the editor option to modify the photos after shooting but you do need to make sure there is enough time for the editor to finish editing the photo before our software starts to print them. You may be able to do this by setting the preview time.

You could get the editor command to call a script which checks the photobooth images folder path before calling the droplet to edit the image. This would be simple to do using an AutoHotKey script.

jfreeman1412
October 16th, 2011, 06:00 AM
What I really want to do is to be able to control that so we can setup a few more options, However you can only set it to do one thing and it does it for all profiles as I know you know. Is there a script or way to get it to execute different droplets for different options of it a lost cause?
Would there be a script I could modify or would it just be a couple lines of code? What would that look like if it isn't too much to ask. Sorry. But if you could control that some how there would be no limit to what you could do for options. In this case you would have to use hot folder prints and have the delay set long enough which is fine since I run the keyboard any way. Please tell me there is a way, hope or prayer of being able to do this. Thanks

Chris Breeze
October 17th, 2011, 10:09 AM
You could do it by replacing the editor command which runs the droplet with a script which uses the current photobooth images path to decide which droplet to run. I could write the script for you, but I would need to charge for my time. Please email me at [email protected] if you'd like to discusss this in more detail.