PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreen stops working

FTS
October 13th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hi, in my last photobooth sessions a problem is ocurring.

Everything is fine during the event, but suddenly the touchscreen monitor stops working. People touch it and nothing happens. So I leave the
fullscreen mode and open it again several times, and it suddenly works again. I tried to restart the computer, but not resolved. It has happened more than 4 times. The problem is not with the screen, once it is normal on the desktop.

Has anyone had any similar problem? Please help me

alexsiskahn
October 13th, 2011, 10:31 PM
dont' take this the wrong way, but did you try calling the touch screen manufacturer and using their tech support to help you?

obviously no one can help you since there are thousands of touch screen manufacturers and each one works a bit different depending on what Operating system you are using.

the simplest solution would be to buy a $10 ecobutton and use the AHK script on this forum to activate the photobooth
a button backup would make sense.

Chris Breeze
October 17th, 2011, 10:02 AM
It's possible the full screen photobooth window is somehow losing input focus and is not receiving the touchscreen presses. Do the normal keyboard shortcuts work when you get the problem? If they don't work it probably means there is a problem with input focus. Some printer drivers display status screens during printing which can cause problems because they grab input focus and don't return it to the photobooth software when the window closes.