PDA

View Full Version : Printer Ribon Runs out With a Half roll of paper still Left

jfreeman1412
October 17th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Hey Guys we have a 6850 Printer that just ran the ribbon out with a half roll of paper still left. We have ran many print kits through this printer and never had this problem, this is the first time. Does anyone know why this happened or if there is a fix for it? Thanks in advance.

neilneilb
October 17th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I don't have any experience with the 6850 but with the updr200 if you print a single 2x6 strip or an odd number of strips it will use a full 4x6 of ribbon leaving you with extra paper and wasted ribbon. It is better to print even number of strips.

jfreeman1412
October 17th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Ya I have heard that, However this isn't capable of printing 2x6 and always prints 4x6 or 6x8. We have always used it for 4x6's. And like I said we have never had this happen. I hoping it was a fluke but am not counting on it. If anyone else can chime in that would be great in the mean time I will call kodak and see what they have to say.

alexsiskahn
October 28th, 2011, 05:40 PM
kODAK RELEASED new media for that printer.
they also have a new firmware for that printer
my guess is you got new media and since you did not upgrade firmware the printer only used HALF of the 6x8" ribbon patch instead of rewinding it and using both halves of the ribbon patch.

expensive mistake to make.