PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Hot Folder won't print shots in landscape

p.i.pinkin
October 28th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Hello,

First of all I have been using an OLD version of Hot Folder Printer, which is at least 3 years old. It does not save the prints, only the individual shots and I always have to have a different printer set as default than I am actually using in order for it to print with my dye sub. But I would have to have my dye sub set on the opposite view as I want, so I would set it on landscape in order to print portrait. It is the version where you click on the printer, then start or stop. There is no preferences menu, etc.

So I downloaded your newest version today to try it out and see it is way more advanced than this older version. I was able to actually save the prints. I am trying to do a 4 x 6 with four shots, so 2 rows, 2 columns, print in landscape. When I have done this layout previously, I would uncheck the repeat images box but check the rotate images box in the PS Remote program. And if I did a footer or background, it prints beautifully...As it did when I use one of my ink jet printers.

BUT when I try to print with my dye sub, it rotates the shots so they are portrait orientation with the print in portrait as well. So you don't have to turn the print landscape to see the shots. So it is squeezing the shots so they are distorted. I realize if I checked the crop box they would not be distorted but some of the shot would be cut off instead. I do not want them to print portrait. I want the shots to print normal, landscape. So when you hold the print in portrait, you can read the footer but have to turn the print landscape to see the shots, which are also landscape. I hope this makes sense.

I am not sure why this will not work correctly with the dye sub. Also I see some of the same settings under preferences in the PS Remote software as well as the Hot Folder software. I am wondering if one of these applications over-rides the settings in the other. I have the settings set up the same in both applications.

Please help as I have a wedding tomorrow and need to figure this out!

Thanks!

alexsiskahn
October 29th, 2011, 01:45 AM
there is no old version the program just came out less than a year ago.

Chris Breeze
October 31st, 2011, 01:04 PM
Hello,

First of all I have been using an OLD version of Hot Folder Printer, which is at least 3 years old. It does not save the prints, only the individual shots and I always have to have a different printer set as default than I am actually using in order for it to print with my dye sub. But I would have to have my dye sub set on the opposite view as I want, so I would set it on landscape in order to print portrait. It is the version where you click on the printer, then start or stop. There is no preferences menu, etc.

You can download the latest version from http://www.breezesys.com/upgrades.htm#hotfolder
Some dyesub printer drivers are confusing e.g. the DS40 needs to be set to landscape orientation to print in portrait when loaded with 6x4 media.

So I downloaded your newest version today to try it out and see it is way more advanced than this older version. I was able to actually save the prints. I am trying to do a 4 x 6 with four shots, so 2 rows, 2 columns, print in landscape. When I have done this layout previously, I would uncheck the repeat images box but check the rotate images box in the PS Remote program. And if I did a footer or background, it prints beautifully...As it did when I use one of my ink jet printers.

I recommend using the custom layout as this gives complete control over the size, position and orientation of each photo.

BUT when I try to print with my dye sub, it rotates the shots so they are portrait orientation with the print in portrait as well. So you don't have to turn the print landscape to see the shots. So it is squeezing the shots so they are distorted. I realize if I checked the crop box they would not be distorted but some of the shot would be cut off instead. I do not want them to print portrait. I want the shots to print normal, landscape. So when you hold the print in portrait, you can read the footer but have to turn the print landscape to see the shots, which are also landscape. I hope this makes sense.

I am not sure why this will not work correctly with the dye sub. Also I see some of the same settings under preferences in the PS Remote software as well as the Hot Folder software. I am wondering if one of these applications over-rides the settings in the other. I have the settings set up the same in both applications.

Please help as I have a wedding tomorrow and need to figure this out!

Thanks!
PSRemote and Hotfolder Prints have similar layout capabilities but the settings are saved independently. Changing a setting in PSRemote won't affect Hotfolder Prints.