PDA

View Full Version : Touch Screen

jphoto
October 29th, 2011, 02:09 AM
Hello everyone, I am trying to program my touchscreen to work and would like to know if it is possible to use the ready screen as your options menu. This would be perfect if I could just disable the live view during the ready until they start the sequence.

I saw where i have to use ahk to run a script and then alter that script to be able to make my options menu.

I downloaded that script but i am having problems figuring out how to have a single image as a background and then just using
the touchscreen pre-made actions to just out line the button areas

Please let me know if there is a way to do this simply. I am not a programmer but I can design the graphics.

Thank you all in advance,
Jackie

alexsiskahn
October 30th, 2011, 04:25 PM
no there is not a simple way ,
hire chris breeze to do it or
ask on the ahk forums or
hire someone off rentacoder.com

jphoto
October 30th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I have read on the forum a few of you that have worked this out. Right now I have the B&W and Color buttons on the ready screen. I downloaded the AHK options file. Is there a way to just have a background image on the options page and then just program it using the touchscreen actions that are built in. If not maybe someone can give me a few
pointers to get me started.

I know all of you have worked hard to come up with your layouts but if a few of you would post code
for this that was successful that would be help to some of us starting out.
I would like to have 3 or 4 pics on the options page that are attached to the custom print profiles.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

alexsiskahn
October 30th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I hired someone for $200 let me know if you want their email to contact.

jphoto
October 30th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Yes, Please send me the email. Although I am grateful that Chris has written this software.

I am surprised that it isn't more user friendly or that more people aren't willing to share a starting point. I am not
asking for a entire layout but just a starting point so that I can figure it out.

Thanks, Jackie

jphoto
November 1st, 2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is the information i got back from Chris. I am still trying to figure it out. I hope that it may help someone else in the future.

"You could do this using 5 profiles: one for the main choice screen with live view disabled and a start screen for each selection with live view enabled and the option to go back to the choice screen. Each profile would need to use a different photobooth images folder so that you can have different screen images for each."

Jackie

scottishmovies
November 1st, 2011, 11:41 AM
Hey jphoto,

It's something I've done - just followed the advice that Chris has given and it worked fine.

If you need specific help, pm me. I'm not the world's greatest at Breeze and know absolutely nothing about AHK (yet!) but I can get you going using it as a menu.
I've found Breeze to be quite an amazing system and reasonably easy to use once you get a hang of how it does things.

I still don't know ALL the tokens that are available and I'm sure there are some I could make use of?? If Chris is reading this, perhaps if he could point me in the direction of a list of tokens and actions with explanations? For instance: I understand "Profile 1" etc but whats the "User 1Picture Style" all about? Maybe that should have been a new post!

Cheers,
Pat

Chris Breeze
November 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
I still don't know ALL the tokens that are available and I'm sure there are some I could make use of?? If Chris is reading this, perhaps if he could point me in the direction of a list of tokens and actions with explanations? For instance: I understand "Profile 1" etc but whats the "User 1Picture Style" all about? Maybe that should have been a new post!

Canon DSLRs use picture styles to change the look of photos e.g. standard, portrait, landscape, monochrome etc. There are also three user defined picture styles which you can setup how you like and these can be selected using the "User 1/2/3 PictureStyle" touchscreen options in DSLR Remote Pro. This means you could define user picture styles for color, B&W and sepia and then have touchscreen actions to switch between them. BTW this is not the same as the color/B&W options in DSLR Remote Pro because picture styles affect the original photos taken by the camera whereas the B&W option in DSLR Remote Pro prints the color photo downloaded from the camera in B&W.