PDA

View Full Version : Green Screen problem

scottishmovies
October 30th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Hi everyone,

I've set up my ready.jpg with touchscreen areas to allow a choice of Profile 1 or Profile 2. P1 does a 2x4 strip and P2 does 2x2. Works fine without any issues.

I wanted to adapt this so that it would work with greenscreen. As each profile has it's own folder for both screens and the profile I thought it would be a piece of cake. Each folder has a different greenscreen_background.jpg

If I select P1, I can see the greenscreen_background ok. If I select P2, all I get is the green cloth background (not the replacement image) I can Control-G and click to have green screen. And it'll take one set of prints ok. Once back to Ready.jpg I need to Control-G again!! I can't figure out why greenscreen won't stay ON!!

So I'm hoping someone on here might throw me a lifeline before I go nuts!! why would it work in P1 but not P2 and even then, not repeat.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there some tick box I need to activate? OR am I expecting too much to do multiple greenscreen effects? I really wanted to make a choice of more backgrounds by limiting the touchscreen area to select one (as suggested by someone on here) but if I can't get this to work, what chance do I have? :)

Any news on when Greenscreen will be part of the main dialogue boxes as Control-G is a pain.

Cheers,
Pat

neilneilb
October 31st, 2011, 02:23 AM
Sounds like you didn't have green screen enabled when you saved the profiles. I would try loading each profile Ctrl-g and resave.

scottishmovies
October 31st, 2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks Neil.

OPerator Error! I had saved GS on one profile and not the other! All's well now, cheers for that!

I've even managed to get it to do 4 GS for one onscreen button. I'd prefer a random selection but can settle for a button chopped into 4.

Thanks again.

apples
November 5th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Or you could even have very small sections of the touchscreen for each background - so that it is effectively a random effect when they hit the 'big button' .

Personally, I wouldn't go through all the effort though . . . . . I know people on here think these features are brill, in reality will a client pay extra ? If not, then you are biting into your margins when you have to buy the images that you are using for the GS.

scottishmovies
November 6th, 2011, 10:26 PM
That's possibly a valid comment about biting into the margin. But if they are images I create, or source from them directly - eg a company logo etc then it's a very effective marketing tool. As for weddings etc perhaps not. I'm not even sure greenscreen is a seller at those events - a nice background is much more appreciated than a greenscreen - and I'm found that you need to watch your props as well - GREEN glasses etc don't go down well if half of someone's face becomes a part of the background :)