PDA

View Full Version : Lost pictures - HELP!

scottishmovies
November 6th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Hello everyone!

Having a stupid day!!! Somehow (!) I managed to "move" a greenscreen folder (complete with loads of completed greenscreen prints) to the desktop. Then somehow, attacked by some unknown power, deleted that folder.

Some of you will say (after many other things!) just go to recyle bin and retore them. Well tried that, but can't see or find the things anywhere! Driving me insane. Even tried some really good recovery software but nowhere to be found.

As I can't find them, and I know I should be able to find them, is there a way to recreate the final prints if I have the original greenscreen file and xml file? And if that is possible - how do I do it?

Many thanks in advance - one mistake I won't make again in a hurry!!

Pat

neilneilb
November 7th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Well there may be an easier way but if you have the composites you could use photoshop or greenscreen wizard to replace the background and hotfolder prints to layout the photostrips.

scottishmovies
November 7th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the response - I was hoping it would be easier than that though :(
I suppose there's time for someone to jump in with that "easier" answer.....

As a matter of interest what else (or more to the point) what other use can the XML files be used for?

For Chris Breeze - Is there a way to copy the greenscreened pictures into a "Breeze" folder to kick start the process again?

Chris Breeze
November 8th, 2011, 10:27 AM
You can fool it to reprint the photos by running the booth and taking a test sequence then copying the first batch of images to the download folder, overwriting the shots just taken and then hitting reprint.
e.g.
1) Enter fullscreen photobooth and take a test sequence. Image filenames in download folder: IMG_0001.jpg, IMG_0002.jpg, IMG_0003.jpg, IMG_0004.jpg
2) Delete the images in the download folder
3) Copy the first four images to be green screened to the download folder and rename to IMG_0001.jpg, IMG_0002.jpg, IMG_0003.jpg, IMG_0004.jpg
4) Type Ctrl+R to reprint

This will only create/print the green screened layout. It won't make a green screened copy of the original photos.

scottishmovies
November 11th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Thnaks for the advice Chris - I'll give it a go.