PDA

View Full Version : can one batch email photos AFTER the event?

alexsiskahn
November 22nd, 2011, 03:11 AM
There was a discussion in the past about using Thunderbird and AHk to BATCH email photos AFTER the event. Is this currently possible, or is still in development?

I dislike the way HFP is currently set up so that a processing delay needs to be in the PS/DSLR/NK/Web/Remote programs so that HFP can't work until AFTER the photobooth program makes the strip.

It slows things down a LOT.

I tried setting the OUTPUT of the Photobooth program to NONE, but then nothing happens. Seems like if I wanted a booth that ONLY emailed images wasting processing time on creating a strips is a waste of time.

Well any helpful hints would be appreciated.

neilneilb
November 22nd, 2011, 05:32 AM
You can create a new empty folder and have hfp monitor it and then copy your photos and xml files from the photobooth folder to the new folder and hfp will send them.

Chris Breeze
November 22nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
The photobooth software only outputs the XML summary file if it saves or prints the layout. You can reduce the time it takes to process the images when the ouptut option is set to "JPEG copy only" by using the custom layout option with no images defined. This will be very fast because it doesn't need to load and resize each of the photos.

If you want to email the images after the event you could write a script to read the addresses from the XML file and call Hotfolder Prints' email_images.exe utility to email them. Alternatively you could use Mozilla Thunderbird to email the images. This post has an AutoHotKey script which could be adapted to email images using Thunderbird:
https://breezesysforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4277-Hotfolder-Prints-v1.2-released&p=19828#post19828