PDA

View Full Version : Video Progress Bar Not Displaying Correctly

dukhunter99
December 14th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Hello Everyone!

I've got a problem with the video progress bar in video booth mode. After the video is recorded and the user selects review video, the video will play and the progress bar will begin to display. However, about half way through, the bar will stop and then reappear and start over on the middle of the screen. This does not occurr until I switch to a 30 second record time. I have spoken with Mr. Breeze via email and I do appreciate his assistance. He advised to check my Quicktime libraries to make sure they are up to date. I added my computer settings below at the time the bar was malfunctioning:

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
DSLR Remote Pro Ver 2.3
Quicktime Library Version 7.7.1 (Most Recent)
Planar 22" touchscreen Monitor (However I doubt this has anything to do with it!)

Any help with this would me much appreciated!
-Thanks

Chris Breeze
December 14th, 2011, 08:19 AM
When you say "reappear and start over on the middle of the screen" do you mean that the progress bar is displayed in the middle of the screen instead of at the bottom?

I can't reproduce the problem on my system and nobody else has reported similar problems which makes it seem unlikely that it is a bug in DSLR Remote Pro. If QuickTime is up to date then the only other thing I can think of is maybe there is a problem with the drivers for the graphics card. It's worth going to the graphics card manufacturer's website to see if newer drivers are available.

dukhunter99
December 23rd, 2011, 12:31 AM
The progress bar with start at the beginning at the bottom as it is supposed to. About 15 seconds into the progress, the bar will disappear, reappear in the middle of the bar and continue to the end of the video. I will check the video card manufacturer and see if there is an updated driver.

dukhunter99
December 23rd, 2011, 01:11 AM
Just checked the driver and I have the most recent version. I'm using the NVIDIA GeForce Chipset which is supposed to be one of the better ones. I don't believe it is in the video card. Any other suggestions?

chuckb
December 23rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Ok, The problem is your memory card. You need a card that is CLASS 6 or above. I personally use ONLY class 10. Cheap cards (class 4) don't capture video FAST enough.

before you ask. The class rating is the number inside the circle ON THE card.

dukhunter99
January 3rd, 2012, 01:45 AM
Are you speaking about the video card memory? I believe your speaking of the camera memory card which is an empty slot. The video and photos are copied directly to the computer hard drive in this setup.

Chris Breeze
January 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
The camera saves the data to its memory card during video capture and downloads the video file to the PC after capture. If the memory card isn't fast enough you may find you can capture short video clips because they are buffered in the camera's memory but have problems with longer clips. Canon cameras aren't capable of streaming video down the USB connection during capture.