PDA

View Full Version : photobooth software is not touch screen freindly

alexsiskahn
December 22nd, 2011, 01:38 AM
Just a suggestion.
Psremote and the other photobooth programs do not work well on touch tablets that have smaller 10 or 12" Screens.

to effectively use windows 7, one needs to increase the font size to 200% which makes the menus much bigger and allows one to touch menu options. However windows like the photobooth settings window then appear off screen when using a typical 800x1280 sized screen.

there is no way to scroll down.

with windows 8 being released next year I'm sure more and more people will want to mount a touch tablet in a pbooth to be used to collect emails, etc.

currently is is a frustrating user experience to have to switch back to a standard keyboard and mouse just because the software does not work well in a touch based pc.

simply adding a scroll bar to this window would solve the issue. I know this complaint has been brought up about netbooks with low resolution in the past but it is getting more problematic. thanks to listening to my venting.

apples
December 22nd, 2011, 09:53 PM
Personally, I think that size screen is too small for a PB anyway, especially as I believe the liveview screen is one of the factors that differentiates the event booths from the passport booths.
Also think we are are still some way off speedwise as well. I know that some here use netbooks, but to me they are way too slow as well.
Finally, would a user who goes into a booth for the first time want to scroll down a screen to hit the 'go' button - no - they will just look at the screen and wonder what to do.

alexsiskahn
December 24th, 2011, 02:35 AM
"would a user who goes into a booth for the first time want to scroll down a screen to hit the 'go' button - no - they will just look at the screen and wonder what to do. "

it's not for the users it is for the operator to easily adjust settings.

Chris Breeze
January 2nd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Maybe you could hook up an external monitor using HDMI for setting up the booth.