PDA

View Full Version : DSLR "busy" indicator & "heat" indicator

mikedavis
December 31st, 2011, 03:48 PM
Canon t2i, dslr remote windows - What is causing the "busy" indicator during photo booth operation? Last event ran smoothly for 3 hours then the "busy" indicator was tricking and delaying the built in flash by a couple seconds. The booth was setup to take 4 pictures, for example the first two pictures were unaffected then the last two were affected by the "busy" indicator. Should I ditch my usb hub and connect directly to pc, should I use firewire, or is my camera affected by high heat. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My setup: DSLR remote windows, Sony Vaio Windows 7, canon t2i, elo systems 15" touchscreen, Hiti 510L printer, 5'x5' enclosed standup booth, color photo, b&w photo, HD video capture.

Chris Breeze
January 2nd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Prolonged use of live view may cause the camera's sensor to become too hot and the camera will disable live view. You could try improving the ventilation to the camera to keep it cooler or switching to standby mode when the booth is not in use. You can switch to standby mode by pressing F6 and this will display the welcome.jpg screen and disable live view. Pressing F6 again will re-enable live view and return to the ready.jpg screen. You can also disable live view by defining a default profile with live view disabled.