PDA

View Full Version : Kensington Wireless Presenter

miker1267
January 4th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I'm probably really stupid about this whole idea but here goes. I purchased the presenter listed elsewhere in Breeze systems to remotely control our photo booth. I received it today with no instructions in the box. I contacted Kensington support on how to get the controller to work with PSRemote and they said the buttons cannot be changed. Can someone tell me how this unit is supposed to work with PSRemote? How are the buttons programmed to start the sequence, etc. If it involves scripts I am completely ignorant. Thanks.

miker1267
January 4th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Disregard post. I actually tried the presenter in full mode and it works fine. I thought it had to be reprogrammed. Duh.

miker1267
January 4th, 2012, 10:21 PM
When using the Kensington presenter the up arrow works just fine in starting the sequence. However the side buttons apparently just cause the live view to cycle through the last 4 photos. I thought they were supposed to be able to adjust exposure. The down button is supposed to change the number of prints but doesn't seem to do so. Can someone enlighten me on how these guys work? Thanks.

Chris Breeze
January 5th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Currently PSRemote only supports the top button (F5) on the Kensington Wireless Presenter to start the shooting sequence. The next release will include keyboard shortcuts to change the exposure and number of prints.

I prefer to map the keys so that the top button starts the shooting sequence, the left and right buttons change the number of prints and the bottom button reprints. You can do this using an AutoHotKey script e.g.

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
SetTitleMatchMode, 2

#ifwinexist Breeze Systems Photobooth
F5::
WinActivate Breeze Systems Photobooth
send {F4}
return

b::
send ^r
return

PgUp::
send {NumpadSub}
return

PgDn::
send {NumpadAdd}
return

miker1267
January 6th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Thanks Chris. I'll have to research on how scrips work as I don't have a clue where they go, etc.

miker1267
January 6th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Is the first part of the "code" included in the script or just the 4 operations below? Thanks.

miker1267
January 6th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Chris: Disregard, I found the autohotkey program and have begun to learn to use it. Thanks for your help.

miker1267
June 29th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Chris: Disregard, I found the autohotkey program and have begun to learn to use it. Thanks for your help.

I have programmed the remote with the up arrow Starting the session, the bottom arrow starting a reprint, and the side buttons to zoom in and out on the subjects. I find the side buttons doing the zooming extremely helpful during an event.