PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreen: Color Photo, B&W Photo & HD Video - Profiles Help Needed

mikedavis
January 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
This is how I want my setup to run:

Person walks into booth and presses touchscreen to "activate live view"
Person then has the option to choose Color, B&W, Video (video mode allows users to playback, accept or retake video)
Once the person has taken a photo or video the booth returns to first screen "live view disabled"

How do I assign profiles to do this without running AHK. Would profile 1 be set to activate live view? What about my other touch screen options?
How many profiles do I need?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Chris Breeze
January 14th, 2012, 08:53 AM
You could do this by saving five sets of settings and profiles:

Profile 1: standby.xml
Photobooth images folder "...\standby"
Live view disabled, "Startup in video booth mode when selecting full screen photobooth" unchecked
Touchscreen action to select profile 2 (menu)

Profile 2: menu.xml
Photobooth images folder "...\menu"
Live view enabled, "Startup in video booth mode when selecting full screen photobooth" unchecked
Touchscreen actions to select profile 3 (color) , profile 4 (B&W) and profile 5 (video) and maybe one to select profile 1 to go back to standby

Profile 3: color.xml
Photobooth images folder "...\booth"
Live view enabled, "Print photos in color", "Startup in video booth mode when selecting full screen photobooth" unchecked
Touchscreen actions to select profile 2 (return to menu) and to start the shooting sequence

Profile 4: bw.xml
Live view enabled, "Print photos in B&W", "Startup in video booth mode when selecting full screen photobooth" unchecked
Touchscreen actions to select profile 2 (return to menu) and to start the shooting sequence.

Profile 5: video.xml
Live view enabled, "Startup in video booth mode when selecting full screen photobooth" selected
Touchscreen actions to select profile 2 (return to menu) and to start the shooting sequence. You could also add actions for replay and accept/reject.

The ready.jpg screen in the "...\standby" photobooth images folder would show a welcome screen
The ready.jpg screen in the "...\menu" photobooth images folder would show the three shooting options
The "...\booth" photobooth images folder can contain the ready screens for the three shooting options:
ready_c.jpg for color, ready_b.jpg for B&W and video_ready.jpg for video

Finally set profile 1 as the default profile so that the booth returns to this after each shooting sequence.

apples
January 14th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Hi Chris,

But that is one more screen and touchscreen action than was asked for - standby menu=1st touch, booth menu=2nd touch, take menu=3rd touch ?

Personally, I think you need to use AHK.

Mike, don't be afraid of AHK, I use it for doing this exact action (except no standby screen) and it took 5mins to sort - there is a script for it in these forums if you search - I was the same, putting off using AHK, but actually it is straight forward -

mikedavis
January 14th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Chris thanks so much for the detailed response it is greatly appreciated. Apples I am currently using a AHK to restart in color photo mode after doing B&W or Video. My goal is to have the live view turn off automatically until guests enter the booth and press start on touchscreen to enable live view. My Canon T2i heats up and the heat indicator flashes, if I disable live view this will never heat up. I can press F6 to disable and press again to restart, but I want to focus more on scrap booking and engaging with guests. A side note: my lights are not inside the box

apples
January 15th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hi Mike, that is the AHK script I use - you should therefor be able to do what Chris suggested above - ready screen, through to option screen, then back to ready screen - you may just need to edit the script, or maybe even not.

I use a t21 as well (Uk, 550D) - luckily (fingers crossed!) no trouble with over heating (we have live view working on the ready screen) - at most events we do having the live view disables for the short period between sessions wouldn't really help - we did an event in December where we had 210 sessions in 3.5hrs!

mikedavis
January 15th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Apples that is alot of sessions. I just came back from an expo and everything was ok until about 3 hours in when the heat indicator came on. If the live view is on continuous for 3 hours the heat indicator will come on and it can mess with the flash if the sessions are back to back. Pictures 3 & 4 had a delayed flash of about 2 seconds and the guests thought the picture was taken. I am under the impression that this is caused by heat build up. If I disable live view for 2 minutes the flash will be fine for a while. Does anyone have any tips or suggetions?

Thanks for responding to my thread I appreciate the help.
Mike