PDA

View Full Version : Video Booth Freezes

JoseG
January 16th, 2012, 01:27 AM
THis has happened twice. At some point during the evening, the photo booth becomes "stuck" in the video processing screen. After the computer is reboot, everything works as expected. I am not sure if this is a software issue or a camera issue (heating up?) I don't see anything flashing on the camera.

I am running DSLR Pro (V2.3.1) and Canon t2i camera run using a recent HP computer with 2gb ram. The memory card is a 16gb kinston class 6. (video recording is set to 30sec)

Any ideas as to why it would freeze up?

Thanks

Jose G

mikedavis
January 16th, 2012, 11:33 AM
This has happened to me once, not at an event but while I was doing some testing to resolve issues with overheating. I am using a t2i and it got stuck in the processing screen just as you explained while doing a 10 second clip. I think this is a heat issue. Are you running live view for extended periods of time? I am setting my booth to disable live view after each session.

JoseG
January 17th, 2012, 04:23 PM
I was thinking the same thing about it being heat related. It always happens at some point after the booth has been running for a while. So you may be right and I do run live view continuous. So I will try changing the live view settings.

Thanks for your reply.

Jose g

mikedavis
January 17th, 2012, 05:41 PM
If you keep your video clips short you probally wont run into this problem (10 seconds). Read my thread about touchscreen setup color photo, b&w photo, video mode. I am working on disabling live view until someone starts the sequence. Working out a few issues right now but getting there.