PDA

View Full Version : Video Booth stuck in live view

mikedavis
January 17th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I have been running a photo booth with the following options. color, b&w & video. I was using ahk to reset from video to photo mode without any issues. Currently I am trying to have a start screen with live view disabled but the live view will not turn off after doing a video. Live view turns off in photo mode but not in video mode. Chris was kind enough to assist me but now I am stuck. Live view is disabled in photo booth settings. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for you time,
Mike

Chris Breeze
January 18th, 2012, 09:56 AM
There appears to be a bug in the code when using a default profile to switch from video booth mode to stills modes with live view disabled. I'm currently working on a fix for this, but in the meantime you might be better off using an AutoHotKey script to select the standby profile instead of using a default profile.

mikedavis
January 18th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Chris, which AHK script should I use and what modifications are necessary?

Chris Breeze
January 19th, 2012, 01:42 PM
The photobooth_reset_settings.ahk script is probably a good starting point. All the would need to be changed is to add a line to send the keyboard shortcut to load the appropriate profile.

mikedavis
January 20th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Would you mind sharing the code and telling me where to place that code in the script.
Thanks

Chris Breeze
January 20th, 2012, 10:12 AM
You can download the script from: http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth6.htm

boov
August 28th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Hi there!
Was this issue resolved as I am only able to activate video booth mode when live view is enabled?
I want it to be disabled on the initial screen and then enabled when selected..
I would try using AHK however I have no knowledge to use these at all and would not feel safe in doing so.

Thanks

Boov

Chris Breeze
August 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Yes, this was fixed in v.2.5.2.1 which was released in February. Please see my answer to your other post re: selecting video mode when live view is disabled:
https://breezesysforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?5141-Video-Booth-Help-needed