PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes black live view when started

MarkusC
January 18th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I have a setup with DSLR pro, a touch screen and a profile without live view. Pressing start on this profile leads to another profile with live view. An AHK script let this profile start automaticaly.
It happens very often that on program start the live view stays black.
Then I have to restart DSLR and try it again.
When the live view works once, it works for the rest of the evening.
But often I have to restart the program up to 6 or 7 times until it Is running.

Any idea what the problem is or what I could add to the AHK to make it run on first attempt.

I hope you can help.
Thanks in advance.

Markus

mikedavis
January 19th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Not sure if this helps but if the flash is down the booth will have poor light. Put the flash up and it will increase the lighting on the live view. Are you using the built in flash or external flash?

MarkusC
January 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Thank you mikedavis,

I am using external flash mode. So the flash has no effect on the live view. And I just restart the system without any change on the settings and occasionally it works. Sometimes on first try, sometimes on second...

Chris Breeze
January 20th, 2012, 10:07 AM
What camera are you using? The way external flash mode works depends on the camera model. If it is a model with a separate exposure mode for bulb shooting you need to manually adjust the brightness of the live view using the cursor up and down keys.

neilneilb
January 20th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I have the same issue. Canon T2i using external flash mode. Touchscreen with live view disabled for Profile 1. Profile 1 selects Profile 2 Color or Profile 3 B&W both with live view enabled. When first starting I have to enter full screen pb, choose one of the profiles with live view enabled (live view is dark), Escape full screen pb and re-enter full screen pb(external flash mode is now working and live view is bright). I never completely restart the program and this always works the first time.

MarkusC
February 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Thank you Chris & neilneilb.

I am using a Booth with a 450D(rebel something) and a touch screen. When I instal it on site I just want to Plug it in. Ok, I will do shutter, focus etc. But That I can do on the screen and on the camera.
I want to set everything on the laptop including all jpg's and so on and then just Plug a USP-Stick into my machine.
At the moment I am trying to write a script that does all that.

I am starting at zero - but what else to do at minus 15 C and snow...