PDA

View Full Version : Which has better Live View? Canon or Nikon?

jayredliner
January 19th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Which make has the best live view? Someone mentioned that Canon has a larger and brighter display (in live view)...is this true?

anastassis
January 19th, 2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth5.htm

Chris Breeze
January 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Which make has the best live view? Someone mentioned that Canon has a larger and brighter display (in live view)...is this true?
Canon DSLRs have superior live view displays on the computer compared to Nikon DSLRs - higher resolution and faster to re-enable after each shot. Most current Canon models have 1056x704 pixel live view displays whereas Nikon cameras only have 640x426 pixel live view. If 640x426 is large enough for your application then the extra size doesn't matter and you can hide the extra time it takes Nikon cameras to restart live view after each shot by displaying a preview.
Canon's live view exposure simulation, which is always on with Rebel series models, used to cause problems with dark live view images when using external flash but "external flash mode" fixes this.

jayredliner
January 21st, 2012, 06:03 AM
Thanks!!!!

jayredliner
February 11th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Just a follow up to this...I'm using a T3i but the live view is much less than 1056x704 pixel's...Is there a way to increase this?

Chris Breeze
February 11th, 2012, 01:45 PM
You need to adjust the "Live view height:" value in the photobooth settings dialog. If you set this to 704 the live view from a Canon Rebel T3i will be displayed without scaling.