PDA

View Full Version : Ctrl+2,3,4,etc not working

Stryker
January 22nd, 2012, 09:07 PM
I have PS Remote on a new HP computer with a Canon XS110. When I need to do multiple prints and choose Ctrl+2 it doesn't work. It does not appear in the bottom right corner nor does it print two. All other Ctrl functions work. I have not upgraded to the latest version of PS Remote, so I would have whatever the prior version is. I have two other booths that do not have this problem. Any ideas? I have searched the help files but did not locate anything on troubleshooting this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Breeze
January 23rd, 2012, 02:47 PM
I'm not aware of any problems with this. If it is working in other booths using the same version of PSRemote and the same settings it is almost certainly caused by something else. Are you running an AutoHotKey script to modify the behavior of the booth? If so, please check that this isn't remapping Ctrl+1 etc. Or is something else running on the computer which is intercepting these keys? Can you adjust the number of prints using number pad + and - ?

Stryker
January 25th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I do not have any AutoHotKey scripts written that I know of. I don't know how to do that, so I think it's unlikely. It is the same version as on other computers. This is the only HP I have though. I haven't tried the +/- keys. I dont have a 10-key on the keyboard, but will try those. Any ideas on what other software/hardware/Windows settings/etc. might get in the way of this functionality?

Thanks.

Chris Breeze
January 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM
It's hard to say what might be causing it. I'm not aware of any standard Windows utilities which would cause this. PC manufacturers have a habit of loading lots of "useful" utilities on to new PCs though.

Stryker
July 3rd, 2012, 05:28 AM
UDPATE - I was able to get it to work when not operating with people in the booth, but when it's resting and in full screen photo booth mode. I can't change it when it's operating with people in the booth though. Any ideas where the hang up might be?

Chris Breeze
July 3rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
You can only change the number of prints when the ready screen is displayed. You can't change settings once the shooting sequence has started.

Stryker
July 3rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Actually I can on my other two computers that have PSRemote. Could this be a difference in software versions?

Stryker
July 8th, 2012, 10:42 PM
The version of PS Remote that I am using is V.2.1.1 on all three computers. It works during the shooting sequence on the two Compaq Presario computers, but not on the HP. Chris - you are saying that I should not be able to change how many print during a shooting sequence, however I definitely can. Did this change after V.2.1.1? If it did, that still does not explain why it works on two computers and not the third.

Chris Breeze
July 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Older versions of PSRemote didn't check whether the booth was in the ready state when changing settings such as the number of prints. This could cause problems if people changed some settings during the shooting sequence and so the latest version only allows the settings to be changed when the ready screen is displayed.