PDA

View Full Version : Facebook upload script

Chris Breeze
February 2nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
I've written an AutoHotKey script to automatically upload photo booth photos to an album on your Facebook page. The script will work with DSLR Remote Pro for Windows, NKRemote, PSRemote and Webcam Photobooth. It uses a free Facebook photo upload utility called UpPhoto and the free ImageMagick convert utility to resize the photos. You can download this from: www.breezesys.com/downloads/photobooth_facebook.zip
Please see the ReadMe.txt file for instructions.

Please post any comments or suggestions here or email me at [email protected]

jayredliner
February 4th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Awesome! Thanks Chris!

stillmation
February 5th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I like this. I just had a very quick test and it seemed to work.

However, it uploaded the individual photos and the final layout. I'll have to have a dive in and see what that's about.

Also. I'd like to upload the photos to TheSnapBox Facebook page, but that's linked to my own profile as I'm the admin. Is there anyway of by-passing that and uploading directly to a Page and not the admin profile?

Danny123
February 6th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Great Idea :)

I cant seem to get this to work with DSLRemote tho...keeps coming up with error when i go to run the script...any ideas?

Cheers

Chris Breeze
February 7th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I like this. I just had a very quick test and it seemed to work.

However, it uploaded the individual photos and the final layout. I'll have to have a dive in and see what that's about.

Also. I'd like to upload the photos to TheSnapBox Facebook page, but that's linked to my own profile as I'm the admin. Is there anyway of by-passing that and uploading directly to a Page and not the admin profile?

I think this is partly a limitation in the way Facebook works because they don't allow direct logins to managed pages, and partly a limitation in the way UpPhoto works.

Please can you provide more details about the problem with the individual photos being uploaded as well if you're still having problems.

Chris Breeze
February 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Great Idea :)

I cant seem to get this to work with DSLRemote tho...keeps coming up with error when i go to run the script...any ideas?

Cheers

Please can you provide more details about the error message.

Professorlooney
July 8th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Am I the only one who can not get to the upphoto.ca website, and I should mention, I am not a PC user. I prefer to work on a Mac, but the photobooth industry has had me switch to using a PC so, when I do get to the website and get the application. I will probably need some help setting up the script. I did download the AHK app with no problem.

Chris Breeze
July 9th, 2012, 10:45 AM
The UpPhoto.ca website appears to have been withdrawn. The latest version of Hotfolder Prints has details of an alternative method of uploading to Facebook using cloud storage (dropbox, Google Drive or box) and Wappwolf. Please see the Hotfolder Prints help file for details:
http://www.breezesys.com/Hotfolder/help/automatically_uploading_images.htm

The source code for UpPhoto appears to be open source source and so it may be possible to build the software and make it available for people to download. I haven't had time to look into this yet.

BoothThis
July 23rd, 2012, 07:42 PM
upphoto.ca (http://upphoto.ca/) is active again