PDA

View Full Version : Live View Overlay Issue

anastassis
February 10th, 2012, 12:03 PM
For some reason the "live_view_overlay.png" and "the image_overlay.png" do not work on my systems any more. Any ideas what might caused this issue?

I have used these files several times in the past with no issue and if i rename the "live_view_overlay.png" to "green screen_overlay.png" works fine in GS shooting.

Chris Breeze
February 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Please check that the overlay file is named live_view_overlay.png and is saved in the photobooth images folder. The overlay file should be a 24-bit PNG file with 8-bit transparency data in the alpha channel.
BTW Green screen needs to be disabled otherwise it will look for greenscreen_overlay.png instead.

anastassis
February 14th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Saved the png files again, following the instructions and issue solved. Thanks Chris!

bmsentosa
October 6th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Saved the png files again, following the instructions and issue solved. Thanks Chris!

I still have not been able to get the live_view_overlay.png working. The only thing I can think of is that I'm saving it incorrectly. Can you walk me step by step on how to save the PNG files? Thank you.

Chris Breeze
October 8th, 2012, 10:29 AM
There are brief instructions on how to create a suitable PNG image using Photoshop at the bottom of this page:
http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth4.htm

There's an example PNG file in the DSLR Remote Pro installation folder called example_overlay.png which you can use for testing. You need to copy it to your photobooth images folder and rename it to live_view_overlay.png

You can edit this image in Photoshop and display the alpha channel used to control the transparency by selecting Layer->Layer Mask->From Transparency