PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone a working photo and film booth to show?

studiocarlsson.se
February 19th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hi everyone.

I bought the Photo booth application nearly 6 months ago in a believe that i could build a working photo and film booth for renting out to weddings were i am the photographer.
Since every time i have some new energy to start up with the project i get stuck on new problems with the software.
That's why i wonder if any of you at the forum has a working photo and film box to show on youtube or any other film so i can continue to have faith.
The last thing i got stuck on today before i wrote this was that it's impossible to stop the program to print, even if i have choosed to only have output to jpeg or even set to none.
So please someone show me in some way that you have a working photo and film booth with a webcamera and continius light that works and don't crash.

Thank's in advance.

apples
February 20th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Personally, I would forget about thinking about the webcam for a commercial business. Most of your competitors will be using DSLR.

The DSLR software works perfectly for us, here is an old video of it working in our booth :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DClqHmKMR4A&context=C3fcfb19ADOEgsToPDskLfJBCKFeBdRkdURIh2g6eM

I'm sure if you do a Ytube search for Rolland Eliott you will find what you are after as well.

LorneChesal
February 21st, 2012, 06:38 AM
my 2 cents...

I would re-think the video part. Not the software's fault. The audio is an issue. You'll never likely be in a quiet enough environment for the audio to be of any quality. the ambient sound is usually way too,lud during the dancing part, and you'll be in the same room or very close. Almost impossible to talk to guests in the booth at times, much less have them make a video.

Even with a higher quality handheld mic, i can't solve the ambient room noise.

AND, most couples want the video option, but the guests DO NOT. Given the choice, they'll take stills over video. Given no choice, they walk away.

IMO of course.

Chris Breeze
February 21st, 2012, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone.

I bought the Photo booth application nearly 6 months ago in a believe that i could build a working photo and film booth for renting out to weddings were i am the photographer.
Since every time i have some new energy to start up with the project i get stuck on new problems with the software.
That's why i wonder if any of you at the forum has a working photo and film box to show on youtube or any other film so i can continue to have faith.
The last thing i got stuck on today before i wrote this was that it's impossible to stop the program to print, even if i have choosed to only have output to jpeg or even set to none.
So please someone show me in some way that you have a working photo and film booth with a webcamera and continius light that works and don't crash.

Thank's in advance.

I'm a bit puzzled by this. The answer to your question as to whether anyone has a working photo booth using Webcam Photobooth is an emphatic "Yes".
Webcam Photobooth will not print the photos if you set the output option to "JPEG copy only" or "None".

You might find this series of articles on photobooth shooting useful:
http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth.htm

studiocarlsson.se
February 21st, 2012, 09:26 PM
Hi Apples.

Thank's for the info and link to the video showing your nice booth which gave inspiration.

Personally, I would forget about thinking about the webcam for a commercial business. Most of your competitors will be using DSLR.

The DSLR software works perfectly for us, here is an old video of it working in our booth :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DClqHmKMR4A&context=C3fcfb19ADOEgsToPDskLfJBCKFeBdRkdURIh2g6eM

I'm sure if you do a Ytube search for Rolland Eliott you will find what you are after as well.

studiocarlsson.se
February 21st, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hi Lorne.

Thank's for the information regarding audio problems.
I will of course have in mind the difficulties you mentioning but at the same time i love the challenge to be able to offer customers special choices.
That's why i need to build this videobooth with webcamera and if it don't get as good as i hope i will leave that project and get back to usual photo booth with dslr and flashes.

my 2 cents...

I would re-think the video part. Not the software's fault. The audio is an issue. You'll never likely be in a quiet enough environment for the audio to be of any quality. the ambient sound is usually way too,lud during the dancing part, and you'll be in the same room or very close. Almost impossible to talk to guests in the booth at times, much less have them make a video.

Even with a higher quality handheld mic, i can't solve the ambient room noise.

AND, most couples want the video option, but the guests DO NOT. Given the choice, they'll take stills over video. Given no choice, they walk away.

IMO of course.