PDA

View Full Version : auto turning off live view between sessions?

mikedavis
February 20th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Hi Chris and Breeze members. I am using DSLR remote pro with windows and also mac. Chris we discussed assigning profiles on a touchscreen for video, color, b&w. You mentioned a bug in the software that would not allow live view to turn off after doing a video, when will this be resolved? I gave up on video booth feature because of this. I want to disable my live view so my attendants wont get nervous about the heat indicator coming on when the image processor is exposed for 4 hours. I believe that I read the AHK script that I need would not work on mac. I want video booth back please help me out!

Chris Breeze
February 21st, 2012, 04:39 PM
This bug was fixed a while ago. You can use the inactivity timer in video mode in the latest version. You can also use a default profile to switch back to stills mode after shooting video.

apples
February 21st, 2012, 08:58 PM
Or you can use the F6 function (which deactivates the live screen and takes you to a 'welcome.jpg). Or assign an area of your touchscreen to this, then get your attendant to press this when there is no one in the booth. We use this (we have an area in the middle of the liveview screen for the F6 - then on the 'welcome.jpg' we have a button, so the guests can reactivate the liveview themselves) - We've only used it at shows and festivals - at normal events the booth is always too busy anyway.

We have never had an issue with an over heating camera (fingers crossed!!).

Eddy
May 17th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Hi,

I've done a couple of events that use DSLR Remote Pro and AutoHotKey script to automate the process, from background selection to printing. The usage time on each event so far do not exceed 6 hours. And from time to time during the event, the live view into idle mode automatically (sending F6 to DSLR Remote Pro) and only when it is needed to proceed with the photo taking, the live view is turned on (again through the same keystroke F6 to DSLR Remote Pro). I have an upcoming event that is going to feature DSLR Remote Pro for long hours, probably as long as 12 hours. May I know if it's going to be any problem with that in terms of camera performance issue with such a long usage? Even though when not being used, the live view is in idle mode but still it is *technically* on.

Also, can I get everyone else average usage time of the events that you hosted. Here's mine, I did 5 events using DSLR Remote Pro, all in a automated way, averaging about 3 to 6 hours.

Thank you.

E

Chris Breeze
May 18th, 2012, 08:51 AM
There shouldn't be a problem if you switch to standby mode by pressing F6 or use a default profile with live view disabled. Extended use of live view will cause the sensor to heat up and may result in the camera disabling live view if the sensor becomes too hot, but if you disable live view when not in use this shouldn't be a problem. You will need to use an AC adaptor for the camera though, as it is unlikely that batteries will last 12 hours. Alternatively take spare batteries and swap them every few hours.

Eddy
May 22nd, 2012, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the explanation, Chris!

And yes, I am already using AC adaptor. :)