PDA

View Full Version : Feature request

chuckb
March 4th, 2012, 01:22 PM
When DSLRPro Remote is open but minimized to the task bar, when you click on the Icon for DSLRPro it opens the program a second time. Most programs just unminimized the already open program.

Makes setup difficult when you need to go back to the desktop and work. Then you forget you already have DSLPro Remote open. You get the RED screen of death. lol (Camera not connected)

Or is there something in my computer setup that is doing this?

Chris Breeze
March 5th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I think you may have accidentally pinned DSLR Remote Pro to the Windows taskbar. Please try right clicking on the icon in the taskbar and if it says "Unpin this program from the taskbar" select that option and it will remove it.

chuckb
March 7th, 2012, 03:43 AM
It's not pinned
Ok Try this Win 7
Start DSLRpro
Then in the upper right corner click the underline to minimize it
Now if you double click on the ICON for DSLR it will open a new window
I think it should unminimize the already open program.

Chris Breeze
March 7th, 2012, 09:14 AM
I've just tried this on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit PC. Clicking on the minimize button in the DSLR Remote Pro window and then double clicking on the DSLR Remote Pro icon in the tasklbar maximizes the DSLR Remote Pro window. It doesn't launch another copy of DSLR Remote Pro.

Right clicking on the icon in the Windows taskbar and clicking on DSLR Remote Pro icon does launch another copy but this appears to be normal Windows 7 behavior for apps which aren't limited to a single instance. If you do it with Firefox or Windows Explorer it will open a new window but with apps like Thunderbird it switches to the currently open window.

chuckb
March 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM
OK it's normal.
My question then is why is DSLRPro not limited to a single instance? A second window is just unneeded is it not, just a problem waiting to happen.

Chuck

Chris Breeze
March 8th, 2012, 09:52 AM
OK it's normal.
My question then is why is DSLRPro not limited to a single instance? A second window is just unneeded is it not, just a problem waiting to happen.

Chuck

Because you can run multiple copies of DSLR Remote Pro each controlling a different camera. Normally this isn't required for photo booth use but some special applications, e.g. a twin camera stereo anaglyph photo booth, do require two copies to be running.

chuckb
March 8th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Ok now that makes sense. Thanks Chris.