PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to use multiple cameras with one set up of PSRemote

PhotoJames
March 5th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Is it possible to have two cameras taking pictures of the same group of people but from different angles at the same time? I'm thinking about adding a couple of cameras to my older booth that is running PSRemote. Also I would like to be able to put them all on the same print so that camera A would take one picture and it would be in the center, camera b would take one picture and it would be to the left, and camera c would take one picture and it would be on the right. So three shots, taken simultaneously and printed out on one sheet of paper.

I hope this helps explain the idea, please let me know if there is something unclear.

PhotoJames
March 6th, 2012, 11:15 PM
This is something that I'm wondering if it might not require an additional piece of software to make it function.

Chris Breeze
March 7th, 2012, 09:01 AM
It might be a bit tricky to set up, but you could probably do it by running 3 copies of PSRemote and using Hotfolder Prints to print the photos. One copy of PSRemote would need to connect to the main camera and run in photobooth mode and the other two copies would connect to the other cameras. You'd need an AuthHotKey script to trigger the secondary cameras and probably also need to have it copy the photos into a separate folder in the correct order for HotFolder Prints.

alexsiskahn
March 8th, 2012, 12:55 PM
runnign 3 copies of psremote is something I"ve tried ONCE in the past, never was able to get them all working smoothly on one PC, maybe I was doing something wrong, but I wouldnt' recommend goign that route.

simpler solution is to simply use 3 computers and a networked hard drive with hot folder prints.
Of course if you do this you would have each copy of PSRemote writting a file called 0001.jpg to the same folder which would overwrite them,

solution is to use the "prefix file name with comment" under preferences. so each computer has a unique file name.

As far as trigger them all at once I would just hard wire a serial cable to all of them and have it connected to one button, a lot simpler IMHO than an AHK script. Never tried this before and maybe you can't wire serial ports in parallel wiring, but wouldnt' hurt to try.

Sounds like this would be a great system to sell to police stations! think of all the time they would save doing mug shots. ;):D

PhotoJames
March 8th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I think the easiest way to fire them all would be a radio trigger. Cowboy sells an inexpensive set that could be easily adapted. There are still many things to figure out, but this is just a pet project that will more than likely go nowhere.

alexsiskahn
March 8th, 2012, 07:32 PM
radio remotes dont work on point and shoot cameras, I believe the shutter needs to be released from the program.

PhotoJames
March 8th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the 411, I know that radio remotes don't work with P&S cameras, but that isn't all that I have. And I can pick up a few gently used DSLRs and press them into service if this becomes more than a mental exercise.
radio remotes dont work on point and shoot cameras, I believe the shutter needs to be released from the program.