PDA

View Full Version : ISO Changing

cbaron
March 11th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Has anybody else had DSLR Remote mysteriously change the ISO setting? It's happened to me twice now. Two different computers, halfway through a gig, I notice the print in a customer's hand looks dark, go check machine and find that the ISO has gone from 1600 to 400. I reset the ISO and finish the gig, no problems. Any ideas? TIA.

apples
March 11th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Yes, you are using a touchscreen.

You need to go into the touchscreen settings, go int 'pen and something' and turn off the advanced settings - or something like that - sorry, but I'm not connected to a touchscreen, so can't see exactly.

people are dragging their fingers over your screen when pressing the 'button' the screen is reading this as ctrl+ (or similar) which is changing the ISO.

If the above doesn't help, search for ISO and you will find other links on this, lot's of people get this problem - my guessing is that loads have it and still just carry on regardless . . .

Chris Breeze
March 13th, 2012, 09:28 AM
You need to turn touchscreen flicks off otherwise Windows will generate PageUp and PageDn key presses when people swipe the screen. Please see FAQ 9 on this page:
http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth8.htm