PDA

View Full Version : Video Booth Settings Issues - Remote Pro Version 2.3.2

CarlE
March 23rd, 2012, 10:52 PM
The video settings change when the CPU turns off and then back on. I uninstalled breezesys and reinstalled with the same result. The printer setup changes as well from portrait to landscape.

How do I correct this problem?

CarlE
March 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Chris Breeze
March 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Which video settings are you referring to? DSLR Remote Pro reads the video resolution etc. from the camera and so if you change the settings in the camera when it's not being used in the photo booth it will use these settings the next time you run the video booth.

DSLR Remote Pro uses the default printer settings set in the Windows Control Panel. If you run DSLR Remote Pro and change the settings via File->Printer Setup they will only be used for that session. If you exit DSLR Remote Pro and restart it the printer will revert to the default Windows printer settings. To keep the changes you need to change the printer page preferences via the Windows Control Panel.

CarlE
March 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks for answering Chris.

Text displayed during countdown

My Text: @videoCountdown@
goes back to the
Default Text: Capturing @videoClipLength@ sec video in @videoCountdown@ secs

Also, the countdown text does not display on the screen for some reason? I tried changing the size of the text, color, and font.

Which video settings are you referring to? DSLR Remote Pro reads the video resolution etc. from the camera and so if you change the settings in the camera when it's not being used in the photo booth it will use these settings the next time you run the video booth.

DSLR Remote Pro uses the default printer settings set in the Windows Control Panel. If you run DSLR Remote Pro and change the settings via File->Printer Setup they will only be used for that session. If you exit DSLR Remote Pro and restart it the printer will revert to the default Windows printer settings. To keep the changes you need to change the printer page preferences via the Windows Control Panel.

Chris Breeze
March 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks for answering Chris.

Text displayed during countdown

My Text: @videoCountdown@
goes back to the
Default Text: Capturing @videoClipLength@ sec video in @videoCountdown@ secs
This is a bug which I will fix this in the next update. In the meantime you can workaround the problem by saving the settings to file and then using a default profile to load the settings when the booth starts up.

Also, the countdown text does not display on the screen for some reason? I tried changing the size of the text, color, and font.
This definitely works on my system. What settings are you using?

CarlE
March 27th, 2012, 07:44 PM
This is a bug which I will fix this in the next update. In the meantime you can workaround the problem by saving the settings to file and then using a default profile to load the settings when the booth starts up. Okay.

This definitely works on my system. What settings are you using? Here's a screenshot of the settings I'm using. http://fonteco.com/wp-content/uploads/photos/sample%20video%20settings.JPG I tried many different fonts, size of fonts, and colors.

Chris Breeze
March 28th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I've just tried it with your settings using Windows 7 and Windows XP and it works fine. What version of Windows are you using? Does the countdown text appear it stills photobooth mode?

CarlE
March 28th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Windows 7 64bit
Yes, countdown works great in photo booth. I figured it was some sort of installation bug hence me trying to uninstall and re-install. Should I revert back to an older version?

I've just tried it with your settings using Windows 7 and Windows XP and it works fine. What version of Windows are you using? Does the countdown text appear it stills photobooth mode?

Chris Breeze
March 29th, 2012, 11:21 AM
The software uses exactly the same code to display the countdown text for both stills and video booth modes and so it should work if you use the same font settings for both. My main development machine runs 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium and I've never had any problems displaying the video countdown text.

I don't know what else to suggest. It seems unlikely that it is a bug in DSLR Remote Pro as many people are using the video booth mode and we haven't had any other reports of problems. The only thing I can think of is it is a problem with the settings e.g. the offset is greater than the height of the screen or the text color is the same as the color of the screen background. A font size of 211 point will give large text which may not fit on the screen.

I don't think installing a previous release will make any difference.

CarlE
March 29th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I use the same settings in photo booth. The font size is no issue, I tried smaller fonts as well. How do I uninstall Breezesys completely? I'll try again. It worked fine and then suddenly stopped displaying the text? Not sure what happened. I didn't install any programs on my CPU.

The software uses exactly the same code to display the countdown text for both stills and video booth modes and so it should work if you use the same font settings for both. My main development machine runs 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium and I've never had any problems displaying the video countdown text.

I don't know what else to suggest. It seems unlikely that it is a bug in DSLR Remote Pro as many people are using the video booth mode and we haven't had any other reports of problems. The only thing I can think of is it is a problem with the settings e.g. the offset is greater than the height of the screen or the text color is the same as the color of the screen background. A font size of 211 point will give large text which may not fit on the screen.

I don't think installing a previous release will make any difference.

Chris Breeze
March 30th, 2012, 07:34 AM
All the settings are stored int the Windows registry under the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\DSLRRemot ePro

If you delete or rename this key when DSLR Remote Pro is not running it will go back to its default settings the next time it is run.

CarlE
March 30th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Okay...I'll try that. I'll let you know.

All the settings are stored int the Windows registry under the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\DSLRRemot ePro

If you delete or rename this key when DSLR Remote Pro is not running it will go back to its default settings the next time it is run.