PDA

View Full Version : blank photos - NKRemote

smilelounge
March 25th, 2012, 07:43 AM
In 2 years, this is a first for me... Layout was 2x6 strips (on 4x6 paper, cut); using NKRemote with Nikon D500; printed on Shinko S2145. Had several sessions where 1-2 of the 3 poses show blank on the composite. The individual images are in the folder, so the camera is definitely taking them, but they are not showing up on the composite strip(s).http://www.smileloungegallery.com/Parties/Birthday/Sylvias-Quineneara/22094834_KzdKG7#!i=1763454740&k=GsxTBX6 and http://www.smileloungegallery.com/Parties/Birthday/Sylvias-Quineneara/22094834_KzdKG7#!i=1763454760&k=BQfXPvr

Tried restarting, turning camera on & off. Kept happening. Any ideas?

Chris Breeze
March 26th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Sorry I'm a bit confused. Are you saying the JPEG copy of the print layout is OK but the actual print out is different?

smilelounge
March 27th, 2012, 11:41 PM
The single 4x6 images are fine (in the main folder). It's some of the composites in the PRINTS folder that have blank photos. Ugh, I've already corrected them through photoshop and the gallery doesn't show what I'm talking about. I'll try to find the original image and post here.

smilelounge
March 28th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Here's a link to one I found: http://www.smileloungegallery.com/Parties/Birthday/Sylvias-Quineneara/22094834_KzdKG7#!i=1768059529&k=DCjS3kJ&lb=1

Chris Breeze
March 28th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I haven't come across this problem before. There's probably nothing wrong with the settings if most of the other prints are OK. The only thing I can think of is maybe the computer is low on resources or RAM.

smilelounge
March 30th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I did a reinstall of nkremote and my next event was fine. I'm stumped.

Dani
April 22nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
So the Prints folder has the images missing, what about the actual printed photostrips? I have never seen this or heard of this. Please let us know if you figure it out.

sspbooth
March 27th, 2013, 03:55 PM
This is now happening to one of my booths, except all 3 photos are blank on my 2x6 composite strips in the prints folder. The singles in the main folder show up just fine.

I uninstalled, restarted and updated to DSLR Remote Pro 2.5.0 with no improvement.

I'm totally stumped.

I'm running Win7 32bit

Any help would be great

Chris Breeze
March 28th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Please check the printer settings and the print layout. If you are using the custom layout you can use preview or print test page options to check the layout.
Do the photos appear in the JPEG copies of the printed output if you set the output to "Print and save JPEG copy"?
Does it work if you use the photobooth setup wizard to set everything up?

sspbooth
April 1st, 2013, 04:33 PM
Printer settings are all correct, the print layout is correct as well, I have a shared profile that I use across several booths.
I'll try and change some stuff around but I don't think it will help.
I'll run the wizard and see if anything changes.

The JPEG copies just show 3 blank spaces where the photos should be and then my footer at the bottom.

I failed to mention that my footer is printing out just fine in my previous post.

Is there some windows component that is used in the compositing process that could have been corrupted? I ask because I totally uninstalled DSLRRP, deleted it's folders, restarted, ran a registry cleaner, restarted, reinstalled, restated, and still had the same problem.

Very strange.

Thanks for any help

sspbooth
April 1st, 2013, 05:00 PM
I ran through the wizard and it doesn't display a live view image during the shooting sequence just a black screen with the countdown.
the strips print out with 4 black boxes.

It seems a total wipe and re-install is the next step.

sspbooth
April 9th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Well, to my utter bewilderment :confused: and chagrin the clean install did NOT fix the problem.

I tried a different camera with a different USB cord and a different power supply and even disconnected the flashes and changed the settings on the camera still with no luck.

I did a full system format and reinstall of Win 7 pro. I fully updated it and then installed all the software.

The only thing I can think of is that some windows update screwed it up but I don't believe I had windows update running on the system before.

The next step will be to do another clean install but no updates and see what happens.

Also, the backup laptop works just fine when used with all the same equipment.

Any ideas Chris?

Chris Breeze
April 10th, 2013, 03:18 PM
The fact that it works with your backup laptop suggests that there is either a hardware or some sort of configuration problem with the computer or the way NKRemote is set up.
Please try setting the camera to program exposure mode and taking a photo from the main NKRemote window by pressing the "Release" or "Preview" buttons. Does it download and display a correctly exposed image in the main window? If this works try opening the live view window by typing Ctrl+L. Does this display correctly exposed live view images? If this works try using the photobooth setup wizard to create the screens and select full screen photobooth mode without changing the camera settings.

sspbooth
April 16th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Hey Chris, thanks for the reply..

Just to clarify, I'm using the Canon version but this was the only thread I could find concerning my issue and I don't like to start new threads if I can help it.

The DSLRRemote takes photos just fine using both release and preview in manual mode..haven't tried program.

Live view works just fine as well in full screen photobooth mode.

It takes all three photos just fine and downloads them to the apropriate folder.

It just has blank white photos on the processed strips.

As an update, I reinstalled Windows 7 Pro again, did not allow any updates, only installed my touchscreen driver, printer driver and DSLRRP and I still have the same exact problem.

I'm running a memory scan right now using memtest 4.2, I'm 12 minutes in with no errors.
I'll run a full chkdisk after that.

This has really got me stumped...I feel like I must be missing something but I can't imagine what...

I'm going to switch my profile to one that I use in a different booth and put the laptop in a different booth see what happens.

Is it possible that it could be some hardware issue with this laptop? What can you think of that would only affect the processed image in this way?

This sure is a tricky one.

Chris Breeze
April 17th, 2013, 09:37 AM
The only thing I can suggest is to methodically try different settings to try to isolate the problem. Start by setting up the printer as the default printer in Windows and then run the photobooth setup wizard to create the screens and print layout. Then take some test shots. Are the individual photos taken by the camera all OK? What about the JPEG copies of the printed output?
Try ruling out the printer by selecting a different printer (e.g. Micorosft XPS Document Writer) from File->Printer Setup... Does this make any difference?
When you get blank images in the prints is it all the images or does it vary from print to print?

Dani
May 24th, 2013, 07:59 AM
ssspb -

man, I feel for you. this sounds so frustrating. a couple things: first, any updates? did you figure anything out? second, if you don't already know about photoboothtalk.com, sometimes the forum posters there can be helpful. it definitely seems like there are more posters and sometimes more information, though of course they are not all using breeze.

I cannot figure out how your laptop can work fine while the main pc all of sudden created this problem. are you interested in trying a different program, like boof? does your laptop have the exact same version of breeze running on it that the pc has?

please let us know how it is going....

dani