PDA

View Full Version : How to go back up!

rquinton
May 6th, 2005, 10:32 AM
The production of the HTML is excellent. However, I want to embed in the main template a button to go 'back up' and 'Home'. Is there any simple way of doing this without having to edit every generated htm? :confused:

Gatorboy
May 6th, 2005, 10:45 AM
The beauty of the HTML templates is that you can EDIT them to put in whatever you want as far as links, buttons, etc.

rquinton
May 6th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks, so it can be done, but I am a complete novice - is there an HTML string that I can embed which goes back to the previous page? The reason I ask is that as you go through the thumbnail pictures this is 'logged' in the browser so that using the back button only takes you to the previous picture - but I want the user to be able to get straight back to the previous page and the Home page on one click for each.

Chris Breeze
May 9th, 2005, 01:13 PM
The "picture frame multi-index" template shows how you can have a link back to your home page. You will need to use Javascript if you want to add a back button to work in similar way to the back button in your browser. Most sites and tutorials on Javascript should have an example of how to do this.