PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreen keyboard not displaying

jayredliner
May 3rd, 2012, 05:33 AM
When you have the 'ask for confirmation before printing' option selected, and the user hits cancel, I cannot seem to get the touchscreen keyboard to display. When the user hits print, the keyboard displays fine.

Is there a way to display the keyboard no matter what the user selects for printing?

Thanks

jayredliner
May 3rd, 2012, 05:39 AM
Also one more question relating to the keyboard:

After the keyboard sequence there is another screen, either: keyboard input accepted or keyboard input cancelled. What's the proper file name for these?

I can't seem to get either 'keyboard_input_accepted.jpg' or 'keyboard input accepted.jpg' to work.

Thanks again.

Chris Breeze
May 3rd, 2012, 11:43 AM
You could try using the option to display the touchscreen keyboard at the start of the shooting sequence. If you use the option to display it at the end of the sequence it won't be displayed if the user cancels the prints.

The keyboard_input_cancel.jpg and keyboard_input_ok.jpg images are only displayed when the option to display the touchscreen keyboard at the end of the shooting sequence is used.

jayredliner
August 14th, 2012, 02:57 AM
You could try using the option to display the touchscreen keyboard at the start of the shooting sequence. If you use the option to display it at the end of the sequence it won't be displayed if the user cancels the prints.

Chris, could I kindly add this to your feature request queue:

The ability for a user to cancel the print, yet still be able to enter their email address after the sequence.

Many thanks!

jayredliner
August 14th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Chris, could I kindly add this to your feature request queue:

The ability for a user to cancel the print, yet still be able to enter their email address after the sequence.

Thinking about this, maybe it could be achieved by touchscreen actions:

1) Photo sequence
2) Print confirmation page appears, but instead of just "Print" and "Cancel" it has a combination of four touchscreen areas:
a) Print
b) Email
c) Print and email d) Do nothing/cancel

Anyways.. just a thought.

Cheers!

Chris Breeze
August 14th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add it to my list of possible future enhancements.