PDA

View Full Version : can psremote work it NO printers are installed in Windows OS?

alexsiskahn
May 13th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I just want to save jpegs for an event.
does PSremote default to some sort of standard 300ppi resoluation if no printers are installed on the PC?

or do I have to install a printer?

Chris Breeze
May 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
It needs a printer or pseudo printer to be installed to defined the page size and resolution. You could install PDFCreator and then define a custom page size.

alexsiskahn
May 14th, 2012, 09:02 PM
OK, thanks for responding. The problem with PDf creator is it must make a pdf file and it pops up, which is quite annoying. I wish there was just a default output setting for applications where a printer is not used, but it is not that big of a deal.

LorneChesal
May 14th, 2012, 10:11 PM
OK, thanks for responding. The problem with PDf creator is it must make a pdf file and it pops up, which is quite annoying. I wish there was just a default output setting for applications where a printer is not used, but it is not that big of a deal.

I don't believe the print process has to complete. The app just needs a default print size in order to form the final output. If you are selecting "JPEG Only" the actual print dialog won't be invoked. Just the default size as defined on that default printer. That it's a PDF creator shouldn't matter. Why not just use MS's XPS driver?

Chris Breeze
May 16th, 2012, 11:32 AM
You just need a printer driver which allows you to specify the required page size/resolution. I think MS's XPS driver only offers fixed page sizes, which is OK if it has the size you want.

chrisell
May 17th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Install the printer driver for any printer you've got that you like for photo booth use, such as the Sony UP-DR200. Once it's set as the default printer, it doesn't have to be there any more. Select "save jpeg only" in the Breeze dialog.