PDA

View Full Version : Single Strip Files? Auto Crop?

Sound Storms Ent.
May 15th, 2012, 03:08 AM
I have a brain teaser.... Does anyone know of a program or script file that will automatically take our saved .JPG files with two identical strips and auto crop in half to give us a file of only one strip? Something that can work in batch possibly? This way when uploading our sessions to a website the files that are uploaded only show one copy of the strip and not both sides? Thanks!

LorneChesal
May 15th, 2012, 04:15 AM
I have a brain teaser.... Does anyone know of a program or script file that will automatically take our saved .JPG files with two identical strips and auto crop in half to give us a file of only one strip? Something that can work in batch possibly? This way when uploading our sessions to a website the files that are uploaded only show one copy of the strip and not both sides? Thanks!

In real time as an event happens, or as a post process?

neilneilb
May 15th, 2012, 04:17 AM
You could setup a separate layout for one 2x6 strip in hotfolder prints and have it monitor your individual images folder.

CheekyPix
May 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
easy..

1. import all photos to lightroom..
2. in develop.. crop one as required
3. then select all photos..
4. and sync settings..
5. export all as new jpgs

alexsiskahn
May 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
thumbsplus
photoshop

there are others

simplest solution is to use a printer that outputs a single strip like sony 200 or inkjet

Chris Breeze
May 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM
You could use a script which calls ImageMagick's convert command line tool to crop the images and save them in separate folder. ImageMagick is free and can be downloaded from http://www.imagemagick.org

chrisell
May 17th, 2012, 02:54 AM
In Photoshop, make a simple action

1) change canvas size to one-half the width, but on the right side only
2) save the file where you want it

That's all you need in the action. Then run a batch on the entire folder.

Takes less time to do than it does to explain.

Sound Storms Ent.
July 3rd, 2012, 01:11 AM
Chris.... You always seem to have a script for EVERYTHING! By far the greatest support in history! Any chance I can get my hands on this script? I am downloading the program now. Thank you so much!

Ps. This will be done AFTER the event. Once I return back to the office and run this batch crop before uploading.

Chris Breeze
July 3rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
You could use the ImageMagick convert tool and a command like:
convert.exe test.jpg -crop 600x1800+0+0 test_cropped.jpg

This could be automated by using the PhotoboothStatusCmdXML option to run a script when the XML file is saved.