PDA

View Full Version : Focus in between shots

jamiebodie
May 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM
I have a friend who uses the Breeze photobooth software with a Canon camera and I use it with a Nikon. When looking at his booth the other day I noticed that his camera refocuses between every shot. My camera only focuses before I start the photobooth program. Am I doing something wrong, has anyone else noticed this?

Jamie

apples
May 22nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
hi Jamie,

your friend hasn't turned his lens to 'MF' - he is still on 'AF'. There is a small switch on his camera lens.

This is not ideal and he risks the camera not being able to focus if the guests move close to the lens for one shot then further away for another -

Tell him to focus the camera at the start move to 'MF' and stay like that for all the photobooth operation.

PhotoJames
June 4th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Apples, I use DSLRemote, T3i on autofocus. Never had a problem with the autofocus not being able to focus. And it's really cool that the guests can get close for one picture and step back for the next and they are both in sharp focus. JMHO

hi Jamie,

your friend hasn't turned his lens to 'MF' - he is still on 'AF'. There is a small switch on his camera lens.

This is not ideal and he risks the camera not being able to focus if the guests move close to the lens for one shot then further away for another -

Tell him to focus the camera at the start move to 'MF' and stay like that for all the photobooth operation.

fortinaa
May 8th, 2013, 07:24 PM
I did a search and came upon this thread. When I'm just doing some testing, I usually leave the camera in AF mode. I have noticed that it does not consistently autofocus anything but the first shot (ie it doesn't even try for subsequent shots). Sometimes it does, other times it does not. I can't find any camera setting or DSLR remote pro setting to change this. Is there something I am missing?

I generally use MF when setting the booth up, since it will cause a hiccup if someone gets too close to the camera and it won't AF. Still, it bothers me that there seems to be a glitch here that is inconsistent, and only seen when using this software.

fortinaa
May 8th, 2013, 08:10 PM
I did a search and came upon this thread. When I'm just doing some testing, I usually leave the camera in AF mode. I have noticed that it does not consistently autofocus anything but the first shot (ie it doesn't even try for subsequent shots). Sometimes it does, other times it does not. I can't find any camera setting or DSLR remote pro setting to change this. Is there something I am missing?

I generally use MF when setting the booth up, since it will cause a hiccup if someone gets too close to the camera and it won't AF. Still, it bothers me that there seems to be a glitch here that is inconsistent, and only seen when using this software.

Just found the answer in another thread:
https://breezesysforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?5012-Issue-with-camera-and-countdown-timer-with-v2-5-2-2&highlight=autofocus