PDA

View Full Version : Default Profile override number of prints

neilneilb
June 7th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Hello All,

I don't remember seeing anything about this before but I may have missed something. Is there any way to select number of prints from keyboard from the default profile in full screen photobooth mode and have it override the number of prints for that session for all profiles. Here is why(If there is an easier way to accomplish the same thing please advise). Example. You have three profiles one being the default. Default profile has ready screen with live view disabled and touchscreen options for color(profile2) and black and white(profile3). To manually select number of prints for the session from the keyboard you have to wait until the user selects one of the two profiles but before they start the session. I would like to count the people as they go in and immediately select the number of prints and have it apply to all profiles for the session. I currently just do reprints once the session has ended but that results in having to monitor or ask whether they chose Black and White or Color so the reprints match their selection. I don't want to allow the users to select number of prints as they tend to abuse it (depending on the type of event). I'm sure ahk would be an option but I would like to use that as my last option. Is this something that could be easily incorporated into a future release?

Thanks,

Neil
DSLR remote pro v2.4.1
Windows7
Touchscreen

Chris Breeze
June 8th, 2012, 10:48 AM
What you can do is edit the XML files for the various user selected profiles and remove the line which sets the number of copies to print. It will then load the profile without changing the number of copies to print. The line you need to remove is:

neilneilb
June 12th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Thanks Chris!!! That is an easy fix. I appreciate the help!