PDA

View Full Version : Quick Re-Print Without Onscreen Keyboard Showing Up?

Rick
June 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Hi All,

I'm doing an all day event where I'll need to occasionally print an extra copy of the last photo taken.

We're using the onscreen keyboard for data capture after the confirmation screen.

Problem is that when I hit the short cut for quick re-print it takes me back to the on screen keyboard.

Is there any way to just quickly print off another copy of the last photo printed without the keyboard showing up?

Cheers,

Rick.

Chris Breeze
June 11th, 2012, 09:47 AM
It's not meant to display the touchscreen keyboard when you do a reprint but there may be a bug in the code. Which software are you using please?

Rick
June 11th, 2012, 10:36 AM
It's not meant to display the touchscreen keyboard when you do a reprint but there may be a bug in the code. Which software are you using please?

Hi Chris,

I was using v2.3.2 but updated to v2.4.1 recently and experienced the same problem.

Any ideas?

Rick
June 11th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Hi Chris,

I was using v2.3.2 but updated to v2.4.1 recently and experienced the same problem.

Any ideas?

Just re-intalled 2.3.2 and re-tested.

The user enters details with on screen keyboard and presses send email/print >

I hit Control R>

The processing screen re appears>

The onscreen keyboard re appears.

Any news on this Chris?

Cheers!

Chris Breeze
June 12th, 2012, 09:58 AM
I've just tested this and realised it is working correctly. Reprint has always displayed the touchscreen keyboard when it is set up to be displayed at the end of the shooting sequence. If you don't want the touchscreen keyboard to be to be displayed when doing reprints you need to select the option to display it at the start of the shooting sequence.

Rick
June 12th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I've just tested this and realised it is working correctly. Reprint has always displayed the touchscreen keyboard when it is set up to be displayed at the end of the shooting sequence. If you don't want the touchscreen keyboard to be to be displayed when doing reprints you need to select the option to display it at the start of the shooting sequence.

Ah well,

The keyboard always works better at the end IMO, Esp for events. People are more inclined to give thier details once they've invested a bit of time and seen how cool (or not!) they look in the photo.

I'll just deal with it for now.

Cheers anyway,

Rick.