PDA

View Full Version : Captions & keywords

rick degraeve
January 20th, 2005, 04:53 PM
I'm using Breezebowser for creating my galleries for my site. Though it appears to use the caption information of the picture file in file info, it does not appear to preserve it. I have downloaded pictures from my site and the information in file info is not there. Am I missing something when I'm setting up to generate the html?

Thanks!
Rick

rick degraeve
January 20th, 2005, 11:45 PM
I guess I should've looked a little deeper before I leaped.

I DO see the description from the File info, it is in the .htm file that is associated with the full size picture.

I should have realized that a .jpg image file is NOT going to carry along that information as a .tif would. That's part of what is eliminated in the compression to a jpg at any level.

However, what I discovered does beg another question. I'd like to be able to include the 'keyword' information (which is missing) in the .htm file as well. I'd guess that it's possible and it would take a modification to the template file. I'll keep looking but does anyone know how I would go about adding it in?

Thanks! :)

Chris Breeze
January 21st, 2005, 07:20 AM
The EXIF and IPTC data isn't copied to JPEGs created by the HTML generator mainly to keep the file size down (the EXIF data can be up to 64Kb). There is an option in the HTML preferences to copy the IPTC data to the main JPEGs which you can use to preserve the keyword and caption information.