PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Size Limitiation?

JustFur
May 9th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Is there a limit on how many images you can use per use of the create "HTML" command?

I have created several different sets of pages using BBP but most of them only have 2-3 pages - 12-30 images. Show season has started at when I tried to create a set of pages for proofs there are problems ... frames are missing or not correct. First it was just on the larger image ... a token partial frame top & bottom.

The one I tried today has about 240 images -- 20 pages.... and when I clicked to Preview it .... no images even appeared. After uploading just 3 pictures and the index - there were no frames and red x's. I don't want to upload all these files until I can see the preview and know it is working.

Gatorboy
May 9th, 2005, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure there is a size limit, but 240 images is definitely not the limit. I have many galleries with 300+ photos.

I would check your path's, because the red X means the file is not found.

JustFur
May 9th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Thanks Dave .... glad to hear you have even larger galleries. I think I will delete the folder and try it again. But first I will do another sample upload.

JustFur
May 9th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Good news - the pages are all there and the frames as they should be. :rolleyes: But there is still this one odd part.

On this set the watermarks show until page 10 ... then there is just the bar showing but not the text. The time before it was page 12 as the last good page. I'm not overly concerned but I would like to figure what is causing this so I can fix it before the next show.

http://www.geipelnet.com/ann/galleries/FRR/HTML5-07/index.htm

Peter
May 10th, 2005, 07:03 PM
That is indeed a strange behavior. Please look at the file stamps of the images:
507frr-6899_std.jpg (last one w/watermark)
and
507frr-6902_std.jpg (first one without)

If they are just one second apart then it looks like a bug in the current BB version. If not then you have most likely checked "reuse images" and run the generator with different settings (fg color = bg color?).

I have successfully generated a gallery with 1200 photos and I know of sport shooters with 3000+ photos in their galleries. Never heard of that problem before...

JustFur
May 10th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Well leave it to my computer gremlins to do something strange and unique!

507frr-6899_std.jpg (last one w/watermark) 9:05:43
and
507frr-6902_std.jpg (first one without) 9:05:45

I do have Reuse images checked... but I only ran this set of files once and I haven't made any changes to the color settings of either the thumbnail or larger watermark. And it has only has happened when I have uploaded the show folders with lots of files .... not when I uploaded folders with under 50 files in them.

Should I try creating a new HTML folder with the second half of the pictures ... and then upload them to replace the current ones .....

:D That did the trick! ... I did make a new HTML folder with the affected files and the uploaded them. And now all is right with the world. Maybe it was a hiccup in my ftp program....who knows... Next show, I will load files in sections.