PDA

View Full Version : Custom keyboard

jayredliner
August 14th, 2012, 05:09 AM
I've read and re-read the help contents regarding making a custom keyboard and/or editing the existing keyboard. I cant seem to get it to work.

I'm looking to change the background color.

I've got the .xml file, and changed the background color using the proper hex RGB code, however it stays the same no matter what I do.

I've saved it in the photoboothimages folder, with, and without the .tiff image files, yet nothing seems to change the keyboard.

Thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Chris Breeze
August 15th, 2012, 10:09 AM
There are two ways to do this:
1) create a keyboard.xml file in the photobooth images folder like this:

0x808080

2) Save the keyboard settings and images (by pressing Shift+Ctrl and left clicking the mouse) and then edit the various keyboard image files (keyboard_lowercase.tif, keyboard_lowercase_pressed.tif etc.)

Please note that if the photobooth images folder contains the keyboard TIFF images they will control the appearance of the keyboard and the setting in the XML file will be ignored.

jayredliner
August 16th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Thanks Chris.

Tried what you said, and it still doesn't work.

I've pasted the code in a keyboard.xml file and placed in in the photobooth images folder.

I've removed the .tiff files as well, but nothing seems to change the keyboard...

Thoughts?

Chris Breeze
August 16th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I checked this before posting and it definitely works on my system. Try saving the current settings then deleting the TIF files and editing the XML file.