PDA

View Full Version : Hot Folder: Choice to customers whether they want photos uploaded to facebook or not?

alexsiskahn
August 14th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Is it possible to let the customer decide whether their images are uploaded to facebook or not? I had images going up on facebook at a past event and there were some inappropriate ones. If the customer had the option to opt out I'm sure they would not have seen the light of day.

Any help in getting this figgured out would be appreciated.

neilneilb
August 14th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Hi Alex,

Check Chris's answer in this thread. Should be the same concept.

https://breezesysforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4386-Just-some-thoughts!&p=20044#post20044

alexsiskahn
August 14th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Previous solution:

You could probably do this using different profiles e.g.
profile 1: saves to upload/slideshow folder
profile 2: saves to slideshow only folder
You could then use the editor command option to copy the downloaded photos to the appropriate folders for uploading or slideshow display based on the download path/photobooth images folder path selected by the profile.

I don't really like this solution though because drunk people do not have the forsight to determine ahead of time if what they do will be appropriate.
It also is a really poor user interface. For something like a simple choice between color and black and white images you'd have to have 4 choices
Color
BW
Color with facebook upload
BW with facebook upload

It would be so much easiser to have an approval option. Just like there is now for printing out the photos? I can't be the only person who has had this issue come up?

Chris Breeze
August 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
You can also add a checkbox to the touchscreen keyboard and then use the "Only copy if set" option in Hotfolder Prints to conditionally copy the output to your Facebook upload folder.

alexsiskahn
August 15th, 2012, 04:58 PM
When the following custom text appears on the touch screen keyboard screen it gets cut off:

Check the box to the left if you want your photos uploaded to facebook

I have tried basic xml codes like
\r
\n

none of them force ahard return.

I know I could use a bigger monitor or a smaller font, but those solutions are not ideal.
Any help is appreciated.

alexsiskahn
August 16th, 2012, 05:34 AM
just curious what kind of potential applications would there be for multiple check boxes?
Permission for model release?
facebook upload permission?
some sort of survey?

Chris Breeze
August 16th, 2012, 09:39 AM
When the following custom text appears on the touch screen keyboard screen it gets cut off:

Check the box to the left if you want your photos uploaded to facebook

I have tried basic xml codes like
\r
\n

none of them force ahard return.

I know I could use a bigger monitor or a smaller font, but those solutions are not ideal.
Any help is appreciated.
You can only specify a single line of text in the XML file. If you need multiple lines you could set the prompt text in the XML file to an empty string and edit the TIFF keyboard image files to add the text.

Chris Breeze
August 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM
just curious what kind of potential applications would there be for multiple check boxes?
Permission for model release?
facebook upload permission?
some sort of survey?

One didn't seem enough and it was just as easy to support ten (which is hopefully more than anybody will need) as to support two.