PDA

View Full Version : Hot folder prints making annimated gifs?

alexsiskahn
August 14th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Is there anyway possible for Hot folder prints to make animated gifs out of the photobooth pictures? If not is there a program out there that could batch produce animated gifs?

Chris Breeze
August 15th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Hotfolder Prints is only designed to make a JPEG copy of the printed output. You can create animated GIFs using the free ImageMagick command line tools.

rpvincent
April 14th, 2013, 08:16 AM
What is the best way to have dslr remote pass the 4 file names of the photos from a photo booth session to a script allowing imagemagick to auto generate an animated gif from each session?

Chris Breeze
April 15th, 2013, 09:24 AM
The names of the photos are saved in the XML summary file e.g.

2013/04/12

C:\Users\Chris\Documents\PhotoboothImages\test

IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0009.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG
prints\130412_080253.jpg

The photobooth_log.ahk AutoHotKey script on this page shows how to read values from the XML file:
http://www.breezesys.com/articles/photobooth6.htm

rpvincent
April 24th, 2013, 12:01 AM
You can treat us to another free script, right!?! :)

Go Chris Go!

Chris Breeze
April 24th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Sorry, I'm very busy working on adding support for new cameras (Nikon D7100, Canon Rebel T5i and Canon Rebel SL1) and I haven't got time to look into this right now.

partypros
July 25th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Sorry, I'm very busy working on adding support for new cameras (Nikon D7100, Canon Rebel T5i and Canon Rebel SL1) and I haven't got time to look into this right now.

Hey Chris, several of the other photo booth programs have added animated gifs to their software and I would be more then willing to pay for the ability to offer this on my booths as well. Could I pay you to put together a script or could you offer a script to anyone who wishes to pay just a bit more for it. It is a nice touch and I do not wish to fall behind the competition. I know you probably are blurry eyed writing code but I just thought I would reach out.

Chris Breeze
July 29th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I should have some time to take a look at this on Wednesday.

Chris Breeze
August 1st, 2013, 01:20 PM
I've written an AutoHotKey script which creates an animated GIF of the photos and adds an optional title page for logos, event info etc. You can download it from:
http://www.breezesys.com/downloads/photobooth_animated_GIF.zip

Please see the ReadMe.txt file and the comments at the start of the script for usage information.

photo_ells
August 28th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Chris, thanks for these AHK, they work great and are a lot of fun :)

Can I just ask if I use Green Screen will the images it uses for the gifs be the non-keyed images direct from the camera rather than the keyed images? If so is there a way to get it to make the
gifs from the keyed images that are saved in the "greenscreen" folder?

Thanks

Elliott

Chris Breeze
August 29th, 2013, 11:20 AM
You need to select the "Save copy of greenscreened photos" option in the greenscreen settings so that it saves a full size greenscreened copy of each of the photos in the greenscreen subfolder. Then you need to change the following line in the script from:
SetWorkingDir %dir
to:
SetWorkingDir %dir\greenscreen

photo_ells
August 29th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Perfect, thanks Chris, I will edit the AHK and see how I get on.

Thanks

Elliott

photo_ells
August 31st, 2013, 01:48 PM
Hi Chris, I have edited the AHK as described but the gifs aren't being created. The gif folder is being created in the greenscreen folder but not the gifs.

Is there something else that needs editing?

Thanks

Elliott

Chris Breeze
September 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
I've updated the scripts so that they automatically use the greenscreened copy of the individual photos if available. You can download the latest version from:
http://www.breezesys.com/downloads/photobooth_animated_GIF.zip

ezphotoboothjax
January 20th, 2014, 05:20 AM
I installed the script and it worked to make a .gif 400x600. I want to change the size but no matter what I do, it is always the same size. Can you please help me? I would like to specify the picture size if possible. Thank you

Chris Breeze
January 20th, 2014, 06:03 PM
You need to edit the script in a text editor such as Notepad and change the line:
resizeWidth := 600
to the desired image width.

ezphotoboothjax
January 20th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I changed the width to multiple different values and re-ran the script but it never changed the picture size.

Chris Breeze
January 21st, 2014, 11:18 AM
Are you sure you're editing the right file? Please try double-clicking on it to uninstall and double-click again to reinstall. Alternatively add a debug line (e.g. MsgBox Hello) to the script.

ezphotoboothjax
January 21st, 2014, 05:39 PM
Can you include a link to download the most current version. I am thinking that I might have downloaded an older version. I am using dslr remote pro and edited the correct file, I have uninstalled and re-installed after the changes were made.