PDA

View Full Version : Allow users to choose different instagram filters to apply to photos?

alexsiskahn
August 14th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Is there anyway to allow users to apply different instagram filters to the photos?
Ideally they could preview the effects in real time. and decide what they like.

I realize I could make a photoshop action and use autohotkey and profiles to somehow do this Before with NO image preview, but I'd like customers to see the effects before committing to them.

Chris Breeze
August 15th, 2012, 09:59 AM
You could use the editor command to run a script or Photoshop action on the individual photos after they are downloaded. There isn't an option to interactively edit the photos before printing.

Professorlooney
October 11th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Is there a simple way to accomplish this, I want to be able to run a Photoshop action on the booth photos.

Chris Breeze
October 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I'm not an expert on Photoshop, but what you need to do is create a Photoshop droplet which applies the filter and saves the changes overwriting the original file. Then use File->Setup Image Editor... with the "Use the command line below" option to run the droplet on the image. If you want to keep a copy of the unmodified photo you could get this to call a script to make a copy of the photo before running the droplet. You probably also need to add a delay in the photobooth software otherwise it may start processing the last photo in the sequence before the Photoshop droplet has finished. You can do this by setting the following value in the Windows registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\DSLRRemot ePro\100\PhotoboothDelayBeforePrintingInSecs

If you use a script it could check the photobooth images path to decide which droplet to run. This would allow you to let users choose the filter using profiles which change the photobooth images folder.

Professorlooney
October 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=Chris Breeze;22182]I'm not an expert on Photoshop, but what you need to do is create a Photoshop droplet

Do you mean an action where you combine a few filters and changes then from now on you get the same effect buy simply hitting the action button assosiciated with the script.

I am hoping that is what you are talking about.

Probably would not need the delay as I want to turn the photobooth software into another photography option and offer the ability to create cartoons and sketch's of clients and print only one image. Hopefully this makes sense. Basically a quick sketch artist in a box.

Professor Looney

Chris Breeze
October 13th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Sorry, I'm not an expert on Photoshop. This might help:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7427a.html