PDA

View Full Version : Size & Position of Print Preview in Regsitry

GaryFellowBoother
August 15th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Hi,

I see you can adjust the size/location of the print preview by adjusting the regstry entries in windows. Currently the print preview takes up the whole of the screen blocking the touch screen buttons.

I have been into the registry expecting to find the 4 lines below and adjust them, but they are missing?

First question is how do I add them if they are missing, next how do I work out what values to put in and where?

Needless to say computers are not really my thing.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\DSLRRemot ePro\100\PhotoboothPrintPreviewX

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\DSLRRemot ePro\100\PhotoboothPrintPreviewY

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\DSLRRemot ePro\100\PhotoboothPrintPreviewW

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BreezeSystems\DSLRRemot ePro\100\PhotoboothPrintPreviewH

Finally apparetly the time out is set at 300secs in the registry the value in that field is 5, is this what is needing reducing?

Cheers

Gary

Chris Breeze
August 16th, 2012, 09:30 AM
You need to create the entries as DWORD values using the Windows regedit tool. PhotoboothPrintPreviewX and PhotoboothPrintPreviewY specify the coordinates of the top left hand corner and PhotoboothPrintPreviewW and PhotoboothPrintPreviewH specify the width and height.
DSLR Remote Pro only reads these values at startup and so you need to exit it and restart after chaning the values.

GaryFellowBoother
August 17th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Again I have another very basic question.

How are coordinates determined?

Are they defined in pixles so 1024 x 768 resolution dispaly would mean a value X = 512 and Y = 384 would effectivly be marking the centre of the screen or am I totally of the mark (in more ways than one)

Chris Breeze
August 21st, 2012, 10:18 AM
The coordinates are in pixels with the top left hand corner being 0, 0.

The following settings would move the preview 200 to the right on a 1024x768 pixel display:
PhotoboothPrintPreviewX = 200
PhotoboothPrintPreviewY = 0
PhotoboothPrintPreviewW = 824
PhotoboothPrintPreviewH = 768