PDA

View Full Version : Confirm/Reject keyboard email sequence

jayredliner
August 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Is there a way that I could have the ready.jpg screen (or any screen for that matter) display something like this:

Touchscreen area 1: 'Print and email photos' > which would then take you to the email address input screen
Touchscreen area 2: 'Print only' which would then take you to the photo sequence

Im asking this as people are getting confused with the email address sequence before the photos. Some wont enter it because they havent invested anything in the photos yet, and aren't willing to share personal info. The ones who do enter their email address, are surprised when the sequence all of a sudden begins. Even with a time delay for the first photo, it's still confusing to most (seen it first hand over, and over). IMHO there needs to be another screen option at the beginning, where the user can select their choices.

If you're wondering, why not just put the touchscreen at the end? The processing.jpg screen takes so long, that people walk away from the booth and head for the printer. All the while the email address screen has popped up. It's a catch 22 because the user is beside the (idle) printer waiting for the prints, and the email address screen is waiting for user input before printing. The user is confused because there's no prints printing. I find my self having to hit the 'no thanks' button continuously. Again, I see this night after night. Tech savvy or not, almost everyone does it.

There's two potential solutions that I can think of.

1) Right after the photo sequence, have a screen that comes up, which gives the user the choice to have the photo's emailed, and/or printed. (After the sequence, everyone looks around confused and says, "What now?" I think this would allevate me having to walk each user through their options.)

2) The other option is to be able to bypass the processing.jpg screen all together, and pop up the email screen right away. The processing of the photos to the printer could occur simultaneously while the user is entering their email address. Also, the printing would not be subject to whether or not the user decides to enter their email address. It would just print automatically (or not at all depending on your settings).

Anyone have any current work-arounds to remedy this?

Thanks!

Chris Breeze
August 27th, 2012, 12:58 PM
The touchscreen keyboard is displayed after preparing the print layout so that if the "Ask for confirmation before printing" option is used and users reject them the touchscreen keyboard isn't displayed. It might make sense to add an option to display the touchscreen keyboard immediately after taking the photos.

jayredliner
August 28th, 2012, 05:27 AM
It might make sense to add an option to display the touchscreen keyboard immediately after taking the photos.

Thanks Chris. That would be fantastic!

If it doesn't have to show at all that would be best. But even if the processing.jpg screen HAS to run/show, running it after the keyboard sequence makes great sense. The user (after entering their email address) would now be waiting by the printer while the processing screen is doing its thing, rather than in the booth.

Cheers

jayredliner
August 28th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Wow, you're on top of it Chris, I see you've already posted the update here (https://breezesysforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4856-DSLR-Remote-Pro-for-Windows-v2-4-2-1). Thanks a million! :)