PDA

View Full Version : Video Live View and Video Live View Overlay

GaryFellowBoother
August 27th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Hi,

Me Again, Sorry Guys!

I have the livie view size and the live view overlap working great in photobooth - very happy.

I am trying to get the video booth screens to mirror those I have customised for the photobooth, but having less success.

Firstly the live view display in video booth mode appears to be slightly larger, than in phtobooth mode? All instructions say this setting is pulled from the settings in phtobooth settings, so not sure whats going on.

Secondly I have placed the file video_live_view_overlay.png in my folder, however its not being picked up by DSLR Remote Pro Windows when using video booth?

Still very impressed with the software, well worth the money.

GaryFellowBoother
August 30th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Hi,

Any tips on video live view overlay or confirmation it is/not an option would really help.

Cheers

Chris Breeze
August 30th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Currently the only way to display an overlay in video booth mode is to enable green screen shooting and to define a video_greenscreen_overlay.png image. You also need to define a video_greenscreen_background.jpg image but this can be hidden by adjusting the green screen settings. Please note that the green screen overlay and background is only displayed in the live view images and is not applied to the video captured by the camera.

Videos have a different aspect ratio from stills images and so the live view display will be a different size. An additional complication is the live view images from the camera are smaller (but have the same aspect ratio) during video capture. This won't affect the size of the live view display in photobooth mode because the live view images from the camera are scaled to fit, but you might notice a change in the quality of the live view images during video capture.