PDA

View Full Version : smartphone upload

Sharpie
September 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Anyone aware of away to allow smartphone uploads/streaming of prints/images from a booth PSremote? Or as an option to text/sms them?

Chris Breeze
September 5th, 2012, 11:13 AM
You can use the touchscreen keyboard option to let users enter their email address and then use Hotfolder Prints to email the images. Hotfolder Prints can also reformat the images to a size and layout more suitable for emailing.

Sharpie
September 5th, 2012, 05:38 PM
You can use the touchscreen keyboard option to let users enter their email address and then use Hotfolder Prints to email the images. Hotfolder Prints can also reformat the images to a size and layout more suitable for emailing.

Rephrasing the question, is there a way to do this without sending it via email and them having to type in their email address.

Referred to as 'smartphone streaming' - might be via bluetooth or something like dropbox?

I was asked for this as part of a quote the other day, the specifics of the request clearly indicated they had a quote already and this formed part of the equation. On googling it sure enough one company is offering it alongside the automated facebook upload. I suspect some kind of QR code displayed - linking to a website such as dropbox or even just the last print uploaded to said website?

apples
September 5th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Rephrasing the question, is there a way to do this without sending it via email and them having to type in their email address.

Referred to as 'smartphone streaming' - might be via bluetooth or something like dropbox?

I was asked for this as part of a quote the other day, the specifics of the request clearly indicated they had a quote already and this formed part of the equation. On googling it sure enough one company is offering it alongside the automated facebook upload. I suspect some kind of QR code displayed - linking to a website such as dropbox or even just the last print uploaded to said website?

Blimey Sharpie - you guys up 'North' are getting really high tech!! Down here I am yet to even get a request for an email option . . . .

bkiter1
September 6th, 2012, 12:29 AM
That would be a great addition for services offered to Corporate Events clients and Teenagers

Chris Breeze
September 7th, 2012, 09:53 AM
There are a variety of ways to automatically upload photobooth images to Facebook and photo sharing sites:

You can use our Hotfolder Prints software:
http://www.breezesys.com/Hotfolder/index.htm

Or cloud based services such as dropbox and ittt.com as described in this thread:
https://breezesysforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?4848-breeze-and-uploading-to-Facebook

Or utilities such as UpPhoto:
http://www.upphoto.ca

Professorlooney
September 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM
What if you create a dropdox folder, get the url code for it, create a qr scan and have them scan it after the photos have been taken, maybe the final screen on the profile could be the scan this to jave omage on phone. This would give them access to all images though.
Just an idea.

photo_ells
September 8th, 2012, 11:04 AM
I think what Sharpie is looking for is integrating some sort of proximity marketing software rather than hosting to Facebook or online etc.

Bluetooth proximity marketing used to be big but phones such as iPhones don't allow incoming BT messages so having a wifi option in addition to BT is the only way to go now to make sure all phones are covered.

I had been looking into this before too and struggled to work out the best way of doing it on an individual picture to phone basis, rather than setting it up so that all the pics are available to them to download at the event (which may be possible using a local network and wifi proximity so they land on a landing page/thumbnail page, just need to allow people to connect to the open network/hotspot that the proximity software can manage).

Sorry I can't help any more with this one Sharpie!

Chris Breeze
September 8th, 2012, 11:21 AM
There's no reason why you can't do this. It probably makes more sense to upload a JPEG copy of the the print layout rather than the individual photos taken by the camera. You could also use Hotfolder Prints to create a different layout optimized for viewing on the web.

Sharpie
September 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Blimey Sharpie - you guys up 'North' are getting really high tech!! Down here I am yet to even get a request for an email option . . . .

Not me, this is now offered by one of the companies that sells booths wholesale across the country. I laughed when I read the quote request as it looked like it came right our of their brochure.

The annoying thing is said company is taking bookings left, right and centre even when they don't have a booth available, I had 2 last week contact us in panic asking if we could help as they'd been let down. Disgusting practice IMO.

Anyway since confirmed with hirer, requirement nonsense they just want a photo booth, though I suspect my 'proper' price will be significantly higher than the company, who may or may not have a booth available?, with the added 'whistles and bells'! ;)