PDA

View Full Version : Computer for Flip Book & Photo Booth

mfphoto
September 9th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I have to purchase a new computer tomorrow, as one of my computers stopped working last night during a photo booth rental. Fortunately, I had a booth that was not out so they could still cover the event.

I am looking at HP Laptops, as that is what I have for my other 2 booths. I will be having one of the booths available for the flip book. So I figure that if I have to purchase a new computer, it should be a decent one that will work for both applications.

I am looking at The g6-2111us which has a i3 processor, 4 Ram & 2.3 Ghz or the m6-104dx that has a i5 processor, 8 Ram, 2.5Ghz

Difference in price is $200. Is this worth it for the applications I need it for? not just because it has a faster processor & more ram.

What one do I really need? Is it enough of a difference to justify the $200 if I go with the m6? I don't use a laptop for many things. Doing small projects while watching tv and running the booths. I am not very techie, so I am not sure what to do.

Please share your thought with me. Like I said, I need to get it on Monday, as I have to get all the booths ready for the weekend and I am already over extended on projects for the week.

Chris Breeze
September 10th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I haven't tried running it on an i3 processor but it runs fine on a 2.4GHz dual core i5 laptop with 4GB RAM.

mfphoto
September 10th, 2012, 05:40 PM
It does work on a 3i as I looked last night at the computer i have & it turns out that is the computer I have.

I was just wondering if the processor speed & additional ram would make much of a difference, especially since right now I have the DNP RX1 printer. Not sure, but I guess I am going to go with the 5i. I know that it won't make a difference o the printing speed.

Chris Breeze
September 11th, 2012, 07:59 AM
A faster processor should help reduce the time it takes to prepare the images for printing but I don't know how much difference using an i5 or i3 processor will make. The next release of Flip Book Photobooth will have green screen which will require more processing power.