PDA

View Full Version : saving resolution problem

Rick James
September 18th, 2012, 08:07 AM
G'day,

When using my photo booth in both video booth mode and stills mode I have problems saving my Jpegs as the selected size. I usually opt to shoot the video in a lower resolution (first photobooth I have built and opted for a webcam however next one im looking ad a canon 650d) so it doesn't lag too much. But when I return to stills mode highest resolution available It keeps the resolution of the ideo and now saves the stills at the lower resolution. I have a 10 MP webcam and would like to keep the image larger so its better for printing individual shots afterwards however this will result in laggy videos. Is this a software glitch??? This also affects how i process the images afterwards (watermark each image using adobe bridge) the size of the watermark is affected. For the time being I will reduce the stills quality and increase the videos quality so they match. Is this a problem in DSLR remote Pro as I am currently building a new Photobooth which will be using a DSLR instead.

The version I am using is webcam photobooth v1.9.7.1

Thanks In advance

Cheers
Rick

Chris Breeze
September 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I haven't come across this problem before but I've just tested Webcam Photobooth v1.4 on my system and can reproduce it. I will look into it and fix it in the next release.

DSLR Remote Pro for Windows doesn't have this problem. You shouldn't have problems capturing high resolution videos using a Canon DSLR because the video is captured directly to the camera's memory card. The PC only needs to be powerful enough to play back the video smoothly.

Rick James
September 26th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Sweet as looking forward to it.

Cheers
Rick