PDA

View Full Version : Profiles proving to be 'sticky'

apples
September 23rd, 2012, 11:30 AM
We did an event last week where we set up all 'new' profiles and saved the files in different directories to our usual 'booth profiles'.

It was a 4 profile event with the 'profiles' option set to return to 'profile 1' at the end of each session - everything worked ok.

Last night the same booth had a normal 'photobooth gig' nothing fancy - one saved file as usual - no profiles used.

So we went into 'photobooth settings' and opened the usual file from its directory - completely different file to that used last week - we go into 'profiles' and noticed that the settings used for the 4 profile gig are now on this profile as well? Is that normal ?

It was easy to sort - just deleted all 4 of the profiles from the file, then resaved. But why did the 'profiles' prove sticky ? This makes it harder to switch between files for different events - adds a complication. Much easier if the 'profiles' were only saved to that particular file.

thanks

Chris Breeze
September 24th, 2012, 10:43 AM
The profiles (i.e. the associations between keyboard shortcuts and settings files) aren't saved to the settings files because this would make them difficult and confusing to setup. You can use the {photoboothDir} token when setting up the profiles if you want to be able to switch between different configurations each using their own profiles.

apples
September 25th, 2012, 08:50 PM
The profiles (i.e. the associations between keyboard shortcuts and settings files) aren't saved to the settings files because this would make them difficult and confusing to setup. You can use the {photoboothDir} token when setting up the profiles if you want to be able to switch between different configurations each using their own profiles.

NO, I don't think I explained very well.

I just noticed that if you save a file that has multi 'profile options' - then go 'photobooth settings' and open a different file - for instance a profile that only has 1 profile associated with it - when you look in the 'profiles' tab it has saved the profiles from the previous file. i.e. the 'profiles' settings do not seem to associate with the file saved.

It;s not an issue, as I know it happens - but I would have thought that it catches out a lot of people.

Chris Breeze
September 26th, 2012, 07:34 AM
The profile settings aren't saved in the photobooth settings files. You can use the {photoboothDir} token when specifying the path for the settings file in profiles if you want them to change when different settings are loaded.