PDA

View Full Version : Help Please, PSremote and greenscreen in portrait orientation!

photo_ells
September 26th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me, I've got an event next week and it's been a bit of a last minute booking and they are after greenscreen booth with the pictures taken in portrait orientation. I didn't think this would be a problem as I have done it before in landscape and all works fine.

However I have been setting the job up with the backgrounds, profiles and new AHK option screen etc but it isn't working for me.

My GS backgrounds are in the same ratio as my camera, I have auto-rotate and use orientation sensor selected in the view settings and camera is mounted vertically. My live view is showing the camera feed how I would expect i.e. portrait with subject the right way up but the GS background is rotated at 90 degrees CCW in the live view and stretched to fill it.

When the picture is taken the post capture preview displays as a landscape and the saved files are saving as landscape when they normally save as portrait when I shoot vertically.

The actual saved file and the post capture preview has the GS right way round in relation to the captured image it's just in the live view that the GS is rotated wrong.

Can anyone help, am I doing something wrong or is there a bug? I would ideally like to use the LV feature as they can choose a selection of images to view and client would like the post preview to show too.

Hope that all made sense.

Thanks

Elliott

alexsiskahn
September 26th, 2012, 02:13 PM
this issue was brought up around a year ago.
if I remember correctly the green screen images always have to be in landscape mode and the software rotates them correctly.
try just taking your green screen imagesand rotating them. leave all other settings the same.

photo_ells
September 26th, 2012, 02:32 PM
thanks for the speedy suggestion AK, but that doesn't seem to work either.

That solves the live view being the wrong way round, so that the LV and GS are the same way round but now the GS is rotated 90 degrees and stretched in the final JPG and print! The captures are still previewing in landscape too with the GS background rotated.

Sorry I should say that with GS on the individual captured images are saving vertical but the saved GS aren't. When GS is switched off everything is fine (post capture preview is vertial and individual images are saved vertical too) so it's something in the GS.

photo_ells
September 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Phew panic over sorted it, like you said AK the GS background needs to be in landscape but the auto-rotate in the view menu needs to be off!

Thanks for your help :D