PDA

View Full Version : PS remote freezing mid-session and other scenerios.....please help

Dani
September 29th, 2012, 12:34 AM
It has been a busy season. I am catching my breathe now and need to figure out why I had some issues with my booth this year. I hope someone can help.

We had PS remote freeze mid-session at one event. The screen showed the last photo taken, or like 1/2 of it. We have also had PS remote freeze on the "Smile" screen. This has happened more than once. The only solution is a manual re-boot. I am assuming this is PS remote-related but maybe not. I am wondering if the RAM cannot keep up with the speed at which PS remote is firing the camera? Not sure if that is logical or not. Please help.

Other things: Had one event where it was as if an invisible person was sitting in the booth pushing the arcade button as soon as someone sat in the booth. I couldn't figure out why everyone came out of the booth acting as if they didn't know what was going on, and their first frame was of the subjects looking confused. Sure enough, I went into the booth on my own, and as soon as I walked in, PS remote started it's countdown, as if I had pushed the button. It is one of the strangest things I have seen, and have no way to explain it unless. Does anyone have experience with the arcade style buttons becoming "stuck" or responding to some type of reflection or something?

That same event with the ghost buttons, we had a photostrip come out that was composed of all three frames the same photo. When I saw it and was about to paste it in the client's memory book, I thought, wow, they sure have a consistent pose. Then, I realized it was THE EXACT same photo repeated into the 3-pose template. In fact, the more I looked, I realized that several other photostrips were composed of duplicate frames withing one strip. For example, Frame 1 and 2 are identical and Frame 3 is unique. My only choice was a manual re-boot. This solved the problem. But, why does this happen?

When I looked at the folder of individual frames after the event, I noticed that the .xml files were out of sequence for these strips. Usually, the .xml file is inserted following the first frame. Like this for the 3-pose strips we use:
photo1_jpg
photo1.xml
photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg

Instead, the ordering looked like this:
photo_1.jpg
photo_2.jpg
photo_1.xml
photo_3.jpg
photo_4.jpg

and we also had a series of five photos (imagine 1-5 jpgs) with NO .xml within them. It is amazing that a strip was even produced. What causes this?

We are convinced that all of these problems are somehow related. Is it hardware/software incompatibility? Too slow of RAM? Any thoughts at all? Anyone experience anything similarly with PS remote?

Thank you!
Goldey

Chris Breeze
October 1st, 2012, 11:50 AM
The most likely cause for the software freezing is hardware related e.g. power supply issues, problems with the USB cable or equipment over heating.
The booth starting when you enter it before the start button has been pressed sounds like a wiring problem e.g. a loose connection or the wires have been damaged.

It's hard to know what caused the other problems but they might be hardware related too. Are you able to reproduce any of the problems consistently? If so, please can you provide more details so that I can try to reproduce the problem on my computer.